bswor

Website outage and upgrades

Sorry for the long outage we had lady's and gentlemen.  There was a vulnerability in the forum software that was taken advantage of which caused us to go over our bandwidth for the month.  To stop this from happening in the future I have upgraded our servers to another plan and I have re-upped our forum license and updated the software.  We were running on older server hardware that was in use since 2004 that would not work with this new shiny forum.  I will be altering the website from time to time but we should not have anymore outages unless there are new problems.  

If you see any issues with the new forum let me know.

9 hours ago, bswor said:

Sorry for the long outage we had lady's and gentlemen.  There was a vulnerability in the forum software that was taken advantage of which caused us to go over our bandwidth for the month.  To stop this from happening in the future I have upgraded our servers to another plan and I have re-upped our forum license and updated the software.  We were running on older server hardware that was in use since 2004 that would not work with this new shiny forum.  I will be altering the website from time to time but we should not have anymore outages unless there are new problems.  

If you see any issues with the new forum let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping this thing alive BSWOR.  I think it's a big part of most members' day/week.

I am with everyone else to say that I missed this place when is was down. I kept checking every few hours every day to see if it was back. bswor thanks for your hard work to keep the lights on here.

I checked in every few days and was starting to get worried my favorite classic Mustang forum was gone for good.

Good to see it back and a thanks bswor for all your hard work keeping this site going over the years.

Doug

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It will take a bit to get used to the new format but glad it is back 

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm guessing you figured out your password problem?

Finally ,after trying several times i was able to log in .I didn't think i would ever get back on the forum .

It would not accept  my pass word even though i had it saved ,i was able ,after several tries it i got a new pasword.Funny thing is i posted about 3 times before it shut me out .

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Wow things open faster now ,i used to have problems opening my messages ,they just pop open now .I will be signing in on my cell sometimes will i have any problems there ?

That's good to know that things are opening faster and the upgrades were worth it.