RandyBob

encouragement from a not to active member

post-14828-0-24038800-1461547096.jpgpost-14828-0-44064800-1461547804.jpgok folks just wanted to share with you today This is for the ones taking years to finsh their mustangs I started mine in 2003. its all but done as of yesterday. I want to thank you all for your help and ridgerunner for the parts.

here are some pics

the car is all but done just need to fine tune a couple of things My due date was to be april 22 I missed it by a day. the car was built on april 22 1969.took a ride out to pebble beach and took some pictures at the same spot I took pictures when I bought the car april. 1983.So 33 years later here is the same car at the same spot.

never give up and just enjoy the journey

the car is a mach1 428 cobrajet  4speed 

Very Cool pictures.  Also good to see you kept the car for so many years.  Most people only have stories to tell of how they used to have this mustang....

Congrats on getting it back on the road.  Looks great!!!!

Great job, nice to see the effort.  That is a long time, most would lose interest.  I see that since you took the photo in exactly the same place, they must have moved some of those rocks out in the background in the water.

Yes I do agree its never done just dont tell my wife.lol  the wheels are 17x8 and 17x9 coys with 245/45 275/40  BF comps I am letting the car settle before I decide if i am going to lower the back. No they didnt move the rocks but do to rising sea level and 33 years of pacific northwest storms they have moved the turn out back a ways so the angle is a bit different.and the first pic was taken with a 110 kodak..lol 

Nice work. Like a lot of us on this forum our cars are in pieces and going through restorations of some sort. Good to see you stuck with it so now you can enjoy your piece of American history.

Congrats, your Mustang looks great! Love the stance and wheels, even with the back a bit high.

Where abouts do y'all call home? Pebble Beach is my favorite spot on this earth, where was the pic taken?

Congrats to you, I am hoping to have mine done by Labor Day weekend this year but don't know if that will be done, my car was built in March of 69, February 15 of 2001 is when I purchased it, this is how far I am so far, but it has come along way since I first got it, no motor or trans in it, interior was pretty much gutted, so I guess 16 years isn't so bad when you are trying to make something to your specifications and on a budget while working a full time job.

Thank you RPM  I live in del norte county in Calif on the oregon border we also have a pebble beach here lol. The 2 things I think about all the time is do I put the gold mach ! stripes on and do I bother with the rear ride height good problems lol. Here is a picture of the car back in 2004 I am power washing  it before sending it off to be media blasted.

post-14828-0-83664100-1461806200.jpg

Cool pic! Never thought of lifting the car like that for access.

Back to the title of your thread, and just why are you not an active member? Hmmm? Kidding. Sorta.

RPM I hear what your saying for the most part I didn't think I had much to offer with some of the cars I have seen on here I learned so much from this and other forums.  Now that the car is on the road I cant hardly get in or out of it with out a crowd I figure I belong lol Here is a ridge runner plug here is  picture of your fine panels  Don't worry no NOS parts were harmed during this restro 

thanks by the way Mach_1 

post-14828-0-53579100-1461905154.jpg

Ok you know how things come up during the build and your thinking should I or should I not ? I had a friend close out a auto parts house and set me up with some NOS aftermarket parts from the early 70s in this case a Hays pressure plate and clutch plate. I was kind of hesitant but I did it lol, I have to say so far 150 miles the car shifts great and no clutch chatter at all.

post-14828-0-79049400-1462251178.jpg

post-14828-0-30085200-1462251220.jpg