69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Removed and replaced the front pass side spindle on my car. Spindle was allowing the inner bearing to travel all the way to the inside near the backing plate. I've known about this for a while. But I rigged it to work. It finally chewed up the bearings. I bought a used set off Ebay when I discovered the spindle was problematic. They cost $50.00. They are in real good shape. I just had to clean the spindle up and paint it. I will packed and reinstall the inner, outer bearings and seal tomorrow. I will also Install the rotor, caliper and tire and I will be finished to ride another day! Yay!

Removed and replaced the front pass side spindle on my car. Spindle was allowing the inner bearing to travel all the way to the inside near the backing plate. I've known about this for a while. But I rigged it to work. It finally chewed up the bearings. I bought a used set off Ebay when I discovered the spindle was problematic. They cost $50.00. They are in real good shape. I just had to clean the spindle up and paint it. I will packed and reinstall the inner, outer bearings and seal tomorrow. I will also Install the rotor, caliper and tire and I will be finished to ride another day! Yay!

Installed new packed inner and outer bearings, seal, rotor, caliper, and then the wheel. All works great now. Took it for a spin and it drives fine! Yay Me! :)

Installed new packed inner and outer bearings, seal, rotor, caliper, and then the wheel. All works great now. Took it for a spin and it drives fine! Yay Me! :)

That's rare for me. Usually one repair reveals or turns into three or four.

Still waiting on the interior parts for my 69 ...but i started making the fiberglass for the CJ, hey I had to find something to do ,i was getting bored .Why does it always take so long for my parts to arrive ??

Lucky you don't live down under Ridge. I have waited a couple of months sometimes for parts lol. Even longer if coming via sea.

Pulled the heater box apart & stripped in down. I have to replace all the foam sealer, gaskets,  heater core, & test the motor to make sure it works before going back together.

I installed the Shelby pod and the new volt and vacuum gauges and they work great. Now I want to get some blue light bulbs to match the interior lights. I will post pics when I get a chance :)

I purchased from www.superbrightleds.com some blue BA9s LEDs to replace the two white incandescent light bulbs in the volt and vacuum gauges that I installed on the console Shelby Gauge pod. Nice and bright. Blue too :)

Got my new heater core, & cleaned all the old foam from the inside of the heater box. I was able to locate a good used blower motor to replace the one I took out which was frozen solid.

I pulled the lower dash and blower motor out and removed all the clips from the heater box. I need to remove the flange and rubber seal from the engine compartment side and my heater core will come right out.