69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

I haven't been a active member for very long but I did lurk around for a long time. 

Let me just say thank you for the site and letting me get away with a lot of meaningless dribble.

Ray.

It's not meaningless dribble if someone replies to it and quotes you.

To stay on topic: I achieved my goals for last evening.

All hale the King of dribble. (The crowd bows but at there age find it hard to get back up) 

Today I prepare to put my car in storage.. The inspection has run out and the tires are bald.

Start over in the spring..Nothing like going from an old Mustang  to an old Dodge minivan.

Humm lets see ...where to begin.

The 69 ...washed and drove it a bit, going to try to see why I gotta push the brake pedal so far before tail lights come on..I have tried 3 different switches and all give same results.... I hardly push pedal and car starts slowing down fast, but tail lights don't come on till I really mash the pedal down a ways.... Tried bending the little shim in the switch and that don't help, so Ill add a strip of metal to help preload it.

The 66....Built Rotisserie, installed car on Rotisserie, gutted the interior and wiring harness, removed doors, trunk, gas tank, rear end and springs, installed mustang 2 front cradle, and in the process of building 2 torque boxes and a set of sub frame connectors... 4 link kit should be here today :)

Thats an excellent welding table. I assume the circles are metal "grounding/pre-heating pads?" ;-)

Too funny! Had to search for his welding table post. Roger, I did look at your pics, but do you have a build thread?

I assume the circles are metal "grounding/pre-heating pads?" ;-)

Lol! I think my wife is starting to get suspicious with the parts I have stacked next to the stove.

I don't have a build thread. The time I get to work on the car is sporadic at best. I do add pics to my photobucket on occasion when I do accomplish something.

I bought 2" volt and vacuum gauges for my Shelby console pod and set them up. I will install and wire them up on Sunday. :) I will also post a pic.

I installed the Shelby pod and the new volt and vacuum gauges and they work great. Now I want to get some blue light bulbs to match the interior lights. I will post pics when I get a chance :)

yep - did the same thing today, gave her a pat on the quarter panel for good measure

Just possibly ,may ,hope to ,go out and buy the other three 245-60 15 BFGs for the 69 tomorrow,two for the rear and 1 for the rear shelf  .Who knows ,i may even order the dash pad and door panels ...I feels like spending some money on one of mine for a change .

Put my car in storage for the winter...This is what makes it fun.The dream of getting it out the in the spring.

If I could drive it year round it would just become a car i drive to its end..And start over with the next one.

Ray, from all the snowmobiles it looks like you live at the north pole!?

I discovered more evidence that the PO had some sort of diminished mental capacity. The 2 inch seal from the cowl to the heater box is missing and there's a 1x2 hole cut in the top half of the box, yet he use blue RTV to seal the two halves together.

That moron should never be allowed to work on another car ever.

That moron should never be allowed to work on another car ever.

I think there should be tool police........If you cant do it at least half ass get someone else..

This is from a guy that is still fixing things some a 16 year old did 40 years ago(ME)....... O The things that i did to keep it running..

I installed the Shelby pod and the new volt and vacuum gauges and they work great. Now I want to get some blue light bulbs to match the interior lights. I will post pics when I get a chance :)

I found the Blue colored BA9s mini light bulbs online at www.bulbtown.com. I i ordered them. YAY!

Ok ,it is done . New door panels ,ford tooling dash pad ,head liner ,carpet and a few other goodies ordered .I spend thousands on other peoples cars almost

daily ...Why is it so scary spending on my own car ??

You're more then welcome to spend thousands on mine. Most of what you just ordered I need. So the hard part is done. Alls left is change the delivery address. Very simple.

Ok ,it is done . New door panels ,ford tooling dash pad ,head liner ,carpet and a few other goodies ordered .I spend thousands on other peoples cars almost daily ...Why is it so scary spending on my own car ??

Same here..I spend peoples money on bike and snowmobile repairs daily without thinking twice..When it comes to my own I find it hard to hit the........ PAY now button... 

I think there should be tool police........If you cant do it at least half ass get someone else..

This is from a guy that is still fixing things some a 16 year old did 40 years ago(ME)....... O The things that i did to keep it running..

I have seen a lot of cars done half assed ,i have seen a lot of cars done dumb assed. ,and yes there is a difference !!