69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

I discovered more evidence that the PO had some sort of diminished mental capacity. The 2 inch seal from the cowl to the heater box is missing and there's a 1x2 hole cut in the top half of the box, yet he use blue RTV to seal the two halves together.

That moron should never be allowed to work on another car ever.

With nothing to do but wait for the storm to hit, I decided to upload pictures of the PO's incompetence.

1004161859_resized.jpg1004161859a_resized.jpg

Yesterday I finished welding on the OTR shock tower reinforcements, I also made out of 11 ga steel "L" shaped reinforcements that the OTR kit does not come with that go in front & rear of the shock towers to the frame & started welding them in. I also ordered a rebuilt steering box from Chockostang.

With nothing to do but wait for the storm to hit, I decided to upload pictures of the PO's incompetence.

1004161859_resized.jpg1004161859a_resized.jpg

I see your heater box ...and raise  you one Hurst shifter .Some one has cut the shift arm off ,you 4 speed guys know what this shifter costs .He didn't even leave the arm so i could weld it back on ,at least it is cut below the boot so an arm can be welded on with out ever seeing it .The problem is ,i have three Hurst shifters done the very same way .If i can find arms for them a can weld them back 

post-42284-0-44900900-1475779272.jpg

post-42284-0-72641400-1475779326.jpg

Today I replaced the crap homemade shackles with OEM and removed the 1" block that was installed under the axle. Now it sits 1" higher where it belonged and the ride is a lot smoother.

JD08, I hope you stayed safe and dry.

We got lucky and it stayed offshore until it got well north of us. 

Unfortunately they weren't' as lucky in North Florida and the Carolinas.

Problem is that my car's been moved over to make room for the wife's car and now it's going to be more difficult to work on and impossible to get her to give up her half of the garage.

Bought a brand new paint gun today  ,started cleaning out the paint booth .It will still be a while before i paint but i will be ready to shoot .Really not much body work but i plan to block sand 2 or three or four times .It may be black ,it may be Gulf stream aqua or it may be Black jade ...only time will tell .

Do I hear anybody else for Gulf stream aqua?

Going ones 

Going twice

Three times ??

Black jade with pink flames and pom-poms always wins out.....

I always wonder about the Pom-Pom girls in high school. If one Pom is called a Pom-Pom? Then shouldn't the girls

be called Pom-Pom-pom-Pom girls?

Oh yeah, I vote for Gulf Stream Aqua too.

I have to swap out the front pass side Spindle. It is slap worn out. I have a good used set to replace it with. I'm also going to replace the inner and outer bearings and races. I'll do the drivers side bearing and races for good measure. Going to have fun on Saturday! YAY! :)