Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hi guys! Usually i hate when people join a forum that don actually own a car for the forum, but whatever, i'm doing it! My name is Tim. I'm from Gainesville, GA. I'm 23 years old, and just so ya'll know i have a deposit down on a piece of junk 69'' coupe. Belive it or not the coupe is my dream car. I come from a mustang background, owning a 95 v6 I swapped a 5.0l into, and a 97 v6 I swapped a 4.6l into. But my life as a car guy has been heavily influenced by the "Drift/Stance" culture. being so, i have owned a couple drift cars too. a 87,and 88 toyota cressida.. so now im going to embark on a journey to make a respectably fabricated drift car of the coupe. Me and my dad always wanted to build a 69.. him more of a classic restoration, me.. not quite lol! but he passed about a year and a half ago with out us ever really having a chance to get to bond, since my parents were divorced from the time i was two. so im driven to make this car happen and hope you enjoy watching it turn from scrap to something "BA"

yes sir i am! i regard it as one of the sexiest cars on the planet! however my plans were along similar lines, so it will seem like im copping his design.. but whatever. it will be different enough

Hi guys, Poncho fan turned Mustang owner here. Recently sold my 1999 Trans Am so I could pick up a project car and stumbled upon a 1969 Mustang Coupe. Car had sat for a year and a half after a recent rebuild on the 351w and FMX tranny, owner didn't know jack about cars and thought he'd fix it up. Ended up not passing strict emissions laws (duh!) where he lives so he parked it. Got tired of it sitting so I nabbed it from him. Suppose I can start a project thread where I can do a log and share my headaches while you all laugh at my noob restorer mistakes. Good to be here among so many other owners of similar cars, hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys!

Welcome. I am also as well as several others rebuilding a 69 Coupe. I am in the process of doing the sheet metal work. Post some pics of your Coupe.

Hello!

My Name's Justin, I livein Lafayette CA (just outside of San Fran) I am married w/ no kids. I work for the FAA as an Air Traffic Controller.

I originally bought a 69 mustang grande in Horrendous shape when I was 16 for $1200. ---All the money I had at the time :)

About 10k later, it was still not finished, although it did have a 500 hp 408 w stroker with a Tremec TKO 600 and a 9" locked Rear end. I ended up selling that bad boy for about 4k less than I put into it, but have no fear along the way my wife and I got a 1969 all original Mustang with 88,000 miles.

It has never been restored or repainted, and it still looks fantastic. Although, I am going to have to repaint it soon because the original paint is starting to chip. I think since It is finally going to get repainted, Im going to start doing everything I want to it soon :) If you are anywhere near SF hit me up, I am always willing to lend a helping hand or go on a cruise!

Justin

360-771-5421

I'm new to the site but not new to cars. I am building a 69 coupe with a mustang II front suspension QA1 shocks and coil overs. 460 .03 over forged pistons I beam rods steel crank bigger valves ported to the max C-6 2500 stall shift kit and the whole 9. 8.8 rear with disk in the rear from 95 cobra. fiberglass fenders and a boss 302 scoop. I am finishing all the weld work and fab work of my new inner fenders and cross member. I sank the motor back as far as I could go. Car is getting close to being ready for paint. I am going with a chameleon paint Green, gold, blue, purple or red gold blue purple. Still working on that.

Anyone know of any 69's with splitters?

Anyone know of any 5 speeds that would bolt up?

I will be on here more as I get more done

Welcome ChiefStang! Yeah, POs (Previous Owners) do some F'd up stuff to our cars! You'll want to figure out what your plans are for the car, take it back to stock, make it a restomod, street/strip whatever =) The best thing about this forum is that we all just love these cars and folks are helpful no matter what you come up with for a theme.

changing out a transmission you need to figure out which way you want to go, stock or late model overdrive,etc.

Just a base list of stuff .. transmission, bellhousing, shifter, clutch assembly, flywheel, pedal assembly (I know the PO left the pedal, but need to see what's missing) depending on which way you go, your list will change from here. cable clutch, hydraulic, stock Z bar. Lots of folks have changed transmissions on the forum.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Name is Dan and I'm from South Africa. I have a 1969 MachI fastback or sportback as I see some call them. Fantastic car and something I always wanted. Not many of the 69 models here in South Africa so I am very privelaged to own this car. Once I figured out how to post pics I will upload some.

I also have a 1981 Mustang Fox Cobra which is in the process of being restored, a long project, but hopefully we will get there one day.

Besides the Stangs I also own a couple of Ford Fairmont GT's (Thats the Australian Falcon GT) More about that later. For now I am just enjoying the wonderful forum and the beautiful Mustangs here. I have lots of questions which I will ask in the correct sections.

Thank you for allowing membership on the forum.

Welcome, please fill out your location on our member mapper when you have a chance, I believe we actually have one other member in your area already. Also, you can find a thread on how to post pics in our garage forum for your easy reference.

Welcome, please fill out your location on our member mapper when you have a chance, I believe we actually have one other member in your area already. Also, you can find a thread on how to post pics in our garage forum for your easy reference.

Thanks for the welcome Pak. I managed to upload some pics of my Mach I. Still trying to get the neck of things how your forum work but I will get it right. Patience please.

I will update my details as requested.

Many thanks.

Hello all. I have been watching the forums awhile. I like what I have seen and have decided to become a little more active.

My story:

A few years back, I had just returned from a deployment to Gitmo. I had too much saved-up cash in my pocket, was tooling around on Ebay and "accidently" bought a 67 Fastback.

When my new aquisition arrived, I found that it had a strong running 390, straight body and clean interior. I also found that it had more than a little rust underneath. At the time, it was no big deal as I was thinking I was going to do a full rotisserie cleanup while making a few restomod changes. I had subscribed to a few magazines (Modified Mustangs & Fords is a favorite) and had been reading a number of forums to learn about the car and get some ideas.

Well, 5 years went by and I hadn't done much with it (other than a few weekend trips to the store and such.) More importantly, I found that many of the changes I was envisioning were little more than modifying a 67 to look like the 69 Mach 1 (elongated nose, side scoops, etc.) Therefore, my search began anew. I wanted a clean 69 Mach 1 that didnt need much work up front.

Well as fate would have it, my very first search of Ebay resulted in me finding what I was looking for. Now I do not claim to be a car guy (but I am learning) so I can only parrot what I have read or been told. Marti Report stated the following:

Serial Number 9F02MXXXXXX

9 = 1969

F = Built in Dearborn

02 = Mustang Sportsroof

M = 351-4V

63C = Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof

W5 = Meadowlark Yellow with blackout hood treatment

3A = Black Clarion Knit/Vinyl Mach 1 Hi-Bucket Seats

17B = Built 02/69

21 = Atlanta Ordering System

9 = 3.25 standard axle ratio

X = FMX Cruise-O-Matic Transmission.

Options included Power front disc brakes, power steering and AM radio.

I had my mechanic (who owns an all original Shelby GT350) go through it with a fine tooth comb. He was very happy with my purchase. He didn't find any issues and said I got a awesome deal. I have to agree with him. The car runs strong and is clean. From what I can tell, it seems mostly original. A big exception is that it has been repainted in Pewter, the suspension was lowered, and the rims/tires were changed out. Also, someone added louvers and front & rear spoilers. I will post some pictures when I get some time.

Although I may get some flak from some of the purists on these forums, I will admit I plan to make a few changes to make the car mine: I like the original look of the exterior and plan to keep it as is (with maybe the exception of painting the stripes that are currently an applied application of something (vinyl maybe?).

On the contrary, I do not like the wood look on the interior. I will likely change it out with something custom (Anyone know a good TRUSTWORTHY custom upholstery shop in the East Los Angeles area?).

I also plan on doing something to tighten up the steering (aftermarket rack and pinion I suppose) and suspension (modern setup from TCP or Heidts maybe).

Under the hood, I am thinking a new aluminum radiator and an electric fan.

Lastly, my wife wants A/C (likely a unit from Classic or Vintage.)

So far, I have put in the Lojack for Classic Cars system and the Reenmachine H4 Halogen Classic Headlamp Conversion Kit.

Anyways, to finish off my introduction, I will pass a few personal details about myself. I am a late 30's married cop in Los Angeles. I am also a 17 year military veteran who currently holds the rank of E-7.

I am looking to start joining in on some of the local car club action on the occasional weekend or two.

Hit me up if you have any questions or if there is anything you think I can help you with.

PS: I am sending the 67 to my Dad for him to tool around with.<!-- / message -->

Welcome Ely .. sounds like a great project. One good thing about this forum is that for the most part folks understand you build your car your way.

As much as I did to mine, I never got any ill feelings from anyone. Folks love new ideas that they can use and give lots of support and there are some very technical resources on this forum as well, when you run into those .. "WTF? moments"

Welcome and yeah, don't be shy about how you intend to build your car, any purists on this site respect your vision as much as they ask you respect theirs and we have all walks from full concours to fully modified and all levels inbetween.

I had the same thoughts as you once, when I was still in the dreaming stage I always thought the '67 Shelby was about the most perfect looking Mustang ever made and as I slowly educated myself over the years of waiting I realized that the '69 Mustang was about as close to that look that a stock Mustang ever got and was the perfect candidate for me and for my budget.