Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

the LE 600 is a pretty rare car and we actually have a forum member that has 2 of them, an orange coupe and groovy green fastback. here is a link to his website

http://relicrecyclery.com/entrance.htm

the LE-600 is indeed a rare car but not especially valuable, so I wouldn't worry too much about modifying it a bit. If it were me, I would keep restore to visually stock and then transplant a hot small block (289, 302 or 351w or 351c) into it. but that's just me.

Thank you for that website. My plan is to restore it back to stock with the 6 cylinder. Then look into changing out the engine later. Luckily, there is minimal rust on the car. One of the only benefits to living in the desert. I'm considering starting a project progress forum, but it is going to be an extremely slow one.

Thank you for that website. My plan is to restore it back to stock with the 6 cylinder. Then look into changing out the engine later. Luckily, there is minimal rust on the car. One of the only benefits to living in the desert. I'm considering starting a project progress forum, but it is going to be an extremely slow one.

I know exactly what you mean about living in the desert, well desert-ish anyway as I'm not too far from you here in Lubbock, Tx

Thanks guys, It''s been sitting for 10 years, so now I'm just looking to get her started and go from there. Replacing old items, and getting her street ready. Then I can take my time with her restoring as I go.

rwcstang, that stance and those wheels look sinister! FR500's? What size?

Hi guys, I'm a new owner of a beautiful 1969 Mach 1 390 four speed which I've imported from the USA to Australia.

Gulfstream Aqua in colour and in nice condition, but far from perfect. I've only had it for two weeks and I'm slowly addressing issues.

Hello folks,

My name is Gordon, I have a 69 fastback that I'm getting the itch to FINALLY start working on again, I've owned it since 1982 drove it for a couple years in high school then did a tear down hoping to do a full restore (it has sat ever since) Probably just well because getting married, building a house and having kids I'm not sure it would have survived all those life events. anyway I also have a 2005 mustang that I really enjoy but my passion will always be my 69.

Hi all, I'm Peter from Brisbane, Australia. I have a 69 Sportsroof project with a looonnnggg history. I bought it about 11 years ago and for extended periods it has sat in my back shed as life intervened aka, meeting the right girl, getting married, renovating the house etc. It is being done as a restomod.

Finally this year the project got back on the rails and it will hopefully be done in March/April next year. It has a blown 351 cleveland, rebuilt c4 auto, a heap of RRS gear including the front strut set, power rack & pinion, 3 link rear. It is running a nince inch with 4 wheel disc brakes. I have bought a vintage air kit for it, and also the dakota digitial VHX instrument cluster.

The interior is going to be black leather. I have ordered a set of Scat Rally smoothbacks in leather and I am currently awaiting on delivery of those. My other toy is a 56 F100 with a 351 windsor and C4 auto again.

Cheers,

Pete

Well it's been several years since I have been on an older mustang site and since VMF will not allow classifieds for free anymore I found this site.

I have been restoring 69/70 mustangs since I was first bit in 1986 by a 69 Dark Ivory Green 351 Mach 1. I have restored, bought and sold mustangs as a hobby/business to pay for my own restorations and Ex-wives until 2007, when I retired from the military. I have had lots of fun but not enough to really say I enjoyed all of it. now 7 years later I have a 4000 sqft shop filled with 69/70 projects. To date I have a 69 deluxe Indian fire conv. M code auto, a 70 grabber car(blue) 302 4v close ratio 4spd tlock all options, a 69 Black Jade M code Mach1 4spd tlock with PS, PB abd Air, folddown the works on a rotisserie. a mcode 70 grande 4spd, a 69 F code c4 fastback in Acapulco Blue rare 6 paint code and a 69 mach indian fire H code 3 spd.

Last year I decoded to start having fun with my mustangs and bought a 08 roush 427R from a collector. It only had 8k miles on it. Three days later a F^*king old b*tch in a buick turned into me at 55 MPH and smashed me into a light pole. Broke my hip and messed up my back and neck.

Now I can't be a mechanic anymore which has made me rethink my employment future. I have retrained to be something less physical and I hope I can get a job soon.

I have been thinking about selling off all of my cars and 35 years of mustang parts, engines, NOS parts but it would have to be like a bandage ripped off fast cause I can't bare to see it sit any longer. I have to let it all go and pay off my medical bills since the lawyers can't seem to get their acts together. I have some conditions. ALL cars, parts, everything must be taken. includes 4 motors, a turbo system, 12 pairs of 69/70 doors, 4 hoods, 18 front fenders. All cars have titles. ALL MUST BE PURCHASED AT ONCE. Since 1986 I have invested over $123,000 in this passion and I'm lost broken and finished. email me at dansresto@gmail.com for price. No tire kickers or scam artists. One hell of a collection and a great opportunity for the person with the means.

<a href=

Hi All,

I'm Don Hager, live in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, 55 years old. I recently acquired my first Mustang, a 1969 convertible with 351W. It has GT wheels and hood scoop, but the Marti doesn't show a GT option from the factory. Paint code is Lime Gold, but the paint that's on it is definitely a little off, kinda pale compared to the inside trunk lid, which is original.

I've been into British sports cars for many years, but as I'm very tall and not as flexible as I once was, I decided to get something bigger, faster, and a ready to drive, not a project. This one is a San Jose built California car and is in real nice original condition, but there's plenty of opportunity to fix small stuff to make it really nice.

69Stang351.jpg

Hi all,

My name is Tony. I live in Redondo Beach, California. I am a Captain with the Fire Department. Married and have two grown daughters. I am a military brat and have lived and travelled all over the world. During those years I always kept up with the car scene via magazines ( No internet in those days) One would be amazed at the amount of American muscle in the far reaches of the world.

I feel very fortunate to have grown up in the Muscle Era. Seeing all of the great iron from Detroit roaming the hiways and byways ha not to mention the cruise nights. Now detroit is bust never thought that would happen another topic. I have always been a car guy. The 1969 Mustang Sportsroof is the best looking Mustang of all time in my view.

I have owned many muscle cars through the years. Cuda's, Road Runners, 210's, Impala's etc.... I have a 1969 X33 RS Z/28 that I am restoring as well.

My 1969 H Code Mach 1 was a lucky find and I will leave it basically as is. Just a couple easily reversible changes like wheels and front spoiler repop oEM style. I am now adding disc brakes up front and a fold down AKA Sportdeck rear seat.

Living in Souther California is great as there are so many old car events going on so one never feels out of the loop.

For me driving my Mustang brings a smile on my face and for a moment I am back in the day as I listen to CCR and row through the 4 gears. I know one can never go back in time but with the cars one can visit for a moment.

To all that have a passion for old cars keep up the good work as we all now the rice burners and our youth are changing the map. Not entirely thier fault as the hobby continues to become more expensive and affordable projects harder to find.

Anyway I am rambling so I will end here. Oh in case anyone is wondering Zipppo is the nick name given me by my brothers in the Fire Acadamy years ago as in training I was in the wrong palce at the wrong time and was engulfed in flames. Thankfully my turnouts and SCBA protected me unil I could be put out. Lesson learned nick name stuck.

Have a great day!

The 1969 Mustang Sportsroof is the best looking Mustang of all time in my view.

1969 X33 RS Z/28

CCR

Have you lost your mind? The 69 Mustang Sportsroof is the best looking CAR ever!

CCR. Very cool, but don't forget Jim Morrison owned a GT 350.

Z28? At least you didn't say the C word. That's a felony here.

Cool, appropriate nickname. I've seen you posting on the site and wondered about the name. Anyway, Welcome and cool back ground.

Bob

I just bought my wife her 4th Mustang, a 1969 GT Coupe. However, it is the first Mustang in the driveway for the past 16+ years. Argh, it has been painful without one.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

She is a huge fan of the 1969 Coupe. She had a 1970 Coupe in high school, then a 1969 Coupe during her college years and when we first married. We sold it when we moved and I heard about how much she missed it, like every day. A few years later we restored a 1969 Mach 1 together. She wanted a coupe, but I convinced her that a Mach 1 would hold its value better. She/we drove that daily for about 3+ years but she hated the manual shift and the blind spots from the Sportsroof. We sold the Mach 1 when we moved out of state and we've talked about getting another Mustang for years...However, work, kids, one kid battling cancer (all better now, whew!), homeschooling, starting a new business, etc...We just never got around to picking up another one. <o:p></o:p>

But now the kids are in college, business is busy and it was time to find that perfect 1969 Mustang Coupe, Red, White Interior, Automatic, Power Steering, V8, and my practical side, still wanted to find something with some collector value, aka GT. It took 4 months of searching, but we finally have it in the garage.<o:p></o:p>

The previous owner did a bit of hot rodding to it: 3.91 9" rear, 351W with GT40 heads, hi lift cam, NOS, electronic ignition, Holley double pumper, headers, Flowmasters, etc... I'm working on tuning it down a bit, it’s a little too radical for my wife right now. We plan to take it to the 50th Anniversary show in Charlotte. It should be a lot of fun. I remember taking the Mach 1 to the 30<SUP>th</SUP> in 1994….and stopping several times to change my oldest son’s diapers on the way! Man where does the time go?<o:p></o:p>

I plan on hanging out on this site as I get the car ready...And after I get my own dream 1969 Mustang!

Bo

Hey, new member here from Canada. My father currently has 2 1970 mustang fastbacks, going to resto-mod one of them and put the unused parts together with the second to sell as is (its in rough shape). Joined the site to get some ideas together for the build and do some research. Once I get posted back home this year with the military I will be starting into the project with him as well. We are still early into the project just getting the body/panels all welded in. Was hoping to potentially do a new coyote engine swap into it, and more of a modern coil suspension setup, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought my wife her 4th Mustang, a 1969 GT Coupe. However, it is the first Mustang in the driveway for the past 16+ years. Argh, it has been painful without one.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

She is a huge fan of the 1969 Coupe. She had a 1970 Coupe in high school, then a 1969 Coupe during her college years and when we first married. We sold it when we moved and I heard about how much she missed it, like every day. A few years later we restored a 1969 Mach 1 together. She wanted a coupe, but I convinced her that a Mach 1 would hold its value better. She/we drove that daily for about 3+ years but she hated the manual shift and the blind spots from the Sportsroof. We sold the Mach 1 when we moved out of state and we've talked about getting another Mustang for years...However, work, kids, one kid battling cancer (all better now, whew!), homeschooling, starting a new business, etc...We just never got around to picking up another one. <o:p></o:p>

But now the kids are in college, business is busy and it was time to find that perfect 1969 Mustang Coupe, Red, White Interior, Automatic, Power Steering, V8, and my practical side, still wanted to find something with some collector value, aka GT. It took 4 months of searching, but we finally have it in the garage.<o:p></o:p>

The previous owner did a bit of hot rodding to it: 3.91 9" rear, 351W with GT40 heads, hi lift cam, NOS, electronic ignition, Holley double pumper, headers, Flowmasters, etc... I'm working on tuning it down a bit, it’s a little too radical for my wife right now. We plan to take it to the 50th Anniversary show in Charlotte. It should be a lot of fun. I remember taking the Mach 1 to the 30<SUP>th</SUP> in 1994….and stopping several times to change my oldest son’s diapers on the way! Man where does the time go?<o:p></o:p>

I plan on hanging out on this site as I get the car ready...And after I get my own dream 1969 Mustang!

Bo

Bo, welcome to the site. We can add yet another person here restoring a 69 Coupe. :thumbup: If you have any questions ask away. There are quite a few of us here restoring 69 Coupes.

Hey, new member here from Canada. My father currently has 2 1970 mustang fastbacks, going to resto-mod one of them and put the unused parts together with the second to sell as is (its in rough shape). Joined the site to get some ideas together for the build and do some research. Once I get posted back home this year with the military I will be starting into the project with him as well. We are still early into the project just getting the body/panels all welded in. Was hoping to potentially do a new coyote engine swap into it, and more of a modern coil suspension setup, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Macman, welcome to the site.