Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Pakrat,

Thanks for the reply...

The roof has someting white there so I bet she was wimbeldon white on the top too.

When I first saw the car I was really surprized to see it like that. I drove by it everyday for 4 years and told my neighbor I sould offer him money for the car and one day it had a for sale sign on it and it was a good prize but not knowing the engine would run was a big risk but it works...

Some numbers are matching for what I can see....

Only wierd thing is that the marti report says 3.00 gears and I counted 2.75 on the ones I have in the trunk. the owner said that they changed the gears for 4.10 or 4.12 gears !!! and put the original gears in the trunk.

The other thing is the casting numbers on the block...

its build 0F26 so 1970 june 26.....but the casting is from 1971??

D10E-6015-AA

The intake manifold is changed for a 4 bbl with the casting number from the 1968 so that is hard to find out where it came from..

anyway so many questions........

I will take a some more pics and show them to you guys..

have a great day

Henkster

Look just behind the back of the intake manifold on the flat surface of the block, typically you will find a consecutive unit number. If it matches your last 6 vin digits it's original, if not it may be from another car. If nothing it may still be original but more likely a factory warranty replacement. Here's mine as an example.

IMG_0487.sized.jpg

Hey,

After snooping around on here for about a year I finally decided to join and learn much from all you Mustang owners. Just a quick summary on myself I got a 1969 Mustang Grande (Hence the username). I have owned it for just over 3 years now. Its gone a long ways since when we first received it till now.

It started as a father/son project but has somehow turned itself into a son project (Still wondering how that works :wink:). It has the original powertrain and interior, I'll post pictures in a little bit once I figure everything out on here. I've had the numbered matching engine rebuilt last year and still in the break-in process. I'm in the process of putting in new carpet and seats, in fact I'm going to be finishing the carpet this weekend! I got an aftermarket sound system put in, nothing too special, and I'm looking into adding an AOD and bigger rear gears.

Besides that, hello again and I hope we can learn from each other in the upcoming future! :phone:

Hey, recently joined. I'm largely clueless so need loads of help!

Live in Glasgow in the UK, this is my first experience with working on a car.

Anyway, car is currently a project (nearing completion, I hope):

69 Fastback

302 EFI Engine

Manual T5 gearbox

Heidts Mustang II IFS

Disc Brakes all round

Sub Frame connectors

Moser Shaft 31 Spline LSD rear with 3:55 gears

Hi guys

Found your site while searching for parts

I have 69 coupe about to start a Resto on

Already found a lot of useful info on here

Glad to hear it, welcome to the club!

Hi,

I found this site by accident, while searching for ideas to add a rear sway bar to my mach 1.

I'm leaving in France, city is Lyon, nice place to be, not an overcrowded town :thumbup:

I bought my mach 1 in March this year and it's my first mustang.

Since I'm totally transformed :rolleyes:

My car was totally restored in the US 5 years ago, by a previous owner, and is still so beautiful.

Some pics will come in the next days.

By the way I will improve my English :w00t:

Hello all my name is Eric and I live in Arcola, Il. I have been a fan of the Mustang for years. My first car was a 1987 Mustang GT but I have been a fan of the 69 and 70 fastbacks ever since. I have 2 Mustangs at this point. I have a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code that I bought some 20 years ago. That one is very rough and I am a little intimdated by what it will take to fix it. With that being the case I just bought a 1970 Mach 1 M that I have been tinkering with. I am hoping that it will get my skills and courage up.

New guy here! My name is Dave and I live in southern Missouri. I just bought a 69 fastback M code car that I will start restoring. The car is very rough and it will be my first complete restoration. I have just started on this car and I have quickly realized that I hate rust! This looks to be a great site with a lot of valuable information.

I've been a regular reader of this forum for several months now and have learn't so much about my car from so many of you.

So, I though it was about time that I introduced myself.

My name is Ashley and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. About six months ago I purchased this 1970 Mach 1 351W 2V, FMX - I know, nothing startling, but I absolutely love it. The color is Medium Gold Metallic with Medium Ginger interior. I wasn't terribly convinced of the interior color to begin with, but it has since grown on me and now I can't imagine the car with any other color interior.

The car was sold new in Pasadena, California and brought to New Zealand over twenty years ago and is still in completely original condition. It has never been re-painted and has absolutely zero rust. The wheels are currently Magnum 500's and I still have the original 14" wheels and sports wheel trims, which I really like and tempted to put on the car for a while.

Thank you for looking.

Ashley

Hi there!

Here is my 69 GT, from France.

Export model. I will try to contact the first owner...US military guy in the past, who was in Spain..I guess.

5c37ace7d14e8d40442c147c8c124c14_zpsd5492af3.jpg

61ba278dd6cd917b8894402609bb5d03_zpsc0e67722.jpg

:001_cool:

Hi all, my name is Jack and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I decided to buy a 69 mustang to work on during the summers. I'm a high school teacher and I need something to keep me busy during my long vacation. (I know, rough life.) I bought this car and quickly realized that there was something strange about the car. There was no color code on the door plate. I did some research and found out that I have a limited edition 600 mustang coupe. Now I feel obligated to keep the car as original as possible. It has original 250 cid inline 6, so I'm going to keep it with that. What are your opinions on that? Glad to be part of the forum. It has already been a tremendous help.