Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

I'm new to the forum and will surely lurk for quite a while as I tackle projects. My first car was a 1970 Mustang Grande w/302 adn C4 in "Q-code" medium metallic blue with "AB" blue interior. It had AC, center console and, originally, wire wheel covers. My grandfather bought it as a dealer demo and I got it in 1988 with 28K miles on it. Unfortunately, I sold it in 1995 when I needed/wanted a more reliable commuter with AC.

I've said for years I'd eventually own another and wouldn't pass up a 'better' '70 Grande, generally meaning one with a bigger engine and/or manual trans. Well, it so happens the car came along earlier this year:

1970 Grande

• Grabber Blue with black landau roof
  • Blue interior
  • H-Code, but now with 4V heads, Edelbrock 1406 and unknown headers
  • Four-speed car, but now with C6 (it'll go back!)
  • AC
  • Center Console
  • Oddly, drum brakes (will be upgraded)
  • Base '70 wheel covers, but now with 15-inch Centerline Auto Drags (plans TBD)

I'm excited to have another '70 Mustang in the stable and look forward to learning a lot here! Below are a few images from the time I took delivery. It's in very good shape, I'll just need to tackle a potential valve issue (a little noise and rough idle) and some pretty extreme play in the steering.

I think I remember seeing this car or one exactly like it on ebay a month or two back....is this the same car?

Most likely, this was the one. The previous owner, in Albuquerque, had it on Hemming's, Craigslist and eBay over the course of several months. I didn't purchase through eBay, but contacted him through the Hemming's ad. Very honest and open seller.

Hi everyone. I joined the Forum a few weeks ago and just now getting the chance to say hi.

3 weeks ago I found this amazing Acapulco Blue '69 GT Fastback in a 2-car garage around the corner from my girlfriends house.

The previous owner is 80 years old and is the original owner. It's been covered for years and hadn't been started in years.

He purchased it from Kribs Ford here in St. Louis in May 1969 and it has stayed in St. Louis ever since. I checked all of the #'s and its all accurate.

Door tag shows it was built on 4/30/69 in Dearborn and the DSO is 55 which is St. Louis. Both front fenders are stamped 4 22 D2 and the hood is stamped 4 17 D2.

He even gave me all of the paperwork with a copy of the original Window Sticker and the final sales invoice from the dealer. It also lists the dealer installed Dixco Hood Tach.

He told me it was repainted 20+ years ago for a case of beer and it looks like they finished the 1st case and started on another one before finishing it. Not the best paint job but it

definitely preserved the sheet metal.

We made a deal, shook hands and it was mine. I immediately got it to my shop, blew out the fuel lines, rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump, changed all fluids, complete tuneup, and lots of loving care.

The picture with my son and daughter in the car is from this past Fathers day when we took it for a drive. What a blast!

I plan to do a complete ground-up restoration and bring it back to its original glory. I look forward to making new friends here and gaining a greater knowledge of this great garage find.

I will post pics when I start the restoration but I'm just going to have fun with it for now.

Mike

Cool story Berger, and welcome to the forum! Don't see too many hood tachs. GT's are cool and rarer than a Mach I. Tell us a bit about the drive train, brakes etc. If I you, and since my car has been down since 1999, I agree with DarkBuddha says and DRIVE IT!

Bob

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. I do plan to drive it as much as I can.

Here are the drivetrain specs.

M-Code 351-4V

W-Code C4 Cruise-O-Matic w/ Floor Shifter & Center Console

Power Front Disc / Rear Drum

Factory A/C

Factory Power Steering

By the way... I set the dash clock over a week ago and its still accurate!

Hi, I've been a member for a couple years but haven't posted till now, been working on another project but finally getting back to this one. My car was originaly a coupe 302 AT car but I have since put a fastback roof on and have been doing as many as the trans am/Bud Moore mods to it as I can, Full cage, nose drop, fuel cell etc. I want it to look like a race car but it will be primarily a street car. I'll try and post some pics. but I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Thanks. Mark.

I didn't take alot of photos when I did the roof swap, wasn't that tough, just took alot of time, had to replace the quarters also. The interior will be pretty spartan, but I will have some carpet possibly or some kind of heat/noise insulation up front. I don't want the car to be too annoying. LOL.

Hi, new here but not to muscle cars, had plenty chargers, superbee's, currently have a 71 demon 340 6 pack which i have owned 24 years. Just sold a 68 roadrunner, on the prowl now for a 69 or 70 mach 1 4-speed that's a bit ruff around the edges to make a street brawler out of with good handling to boot!. Grew up near O'hare airport as a kid and a neighbor had many machs, boss, etc.. into muscle bikes and mini bikes also check out my pics! Thanks Mike.

Hi, new here but not to muscle cars, had plenty chargers, superbee's, currently have a 71 demon 340 6 pack which i have owned 24 years. Just sold a 68 roadrunner, on the prowl now for a 69 or 70 mach 1 4-speed that's a bit ruff around the edges to make a street brawler out of with good handling to boot!. Grew up near O'hare airport as a kid and a neighbor had many machs, boss, etc.. into muscle bikes and mini bikes also check out my pics! Thanks Mike.

Yes welcome all.

@Demon, so what makes a bike a muscle bike, is it the unique gear shift and tach? Also, are those full or semi custom frames or were there some really cool bike frames back in the day? I remember my best friend back in the early 70's had a bike that your avatar one reminds me of a lot but that was the closest I have ever seen to any of yours. Back then the closest to custom I got was adding Roar Power to my Huffy Star Spangler bike (to pretend I was Evil Knievel). I do still have my '82 Schwinn Cruiser (Klunker) which I think was the last year made in the USA, I plan to mod it to look like my car someday.

Yes welcome all.

@Demon, so what makes a bike a muscle bike, is it the unique gear shift and tach? Also, are those full or semi custom frames or were there some really cool bike frames back in the day? I remember my best friend back in the early 70's had a bike that your avatar one reminds me of a lot but that was the closest I have ever seen to any of yours. Back then the closest to custom I got was adding Roar Power to my Huffy Star Spangler bike (to pretend I was Evil Knievel). I do still have my '82 Schwinn Cruiser (Klunker) which I think was the last year made in the USA, I plan to mod it to look like my car someday.

pretty much the mid 60 to early 70 bikes that had the shifter, sissy bar with banana seat, the slick rear tire. The green one is a huffy slingshot, named after the dragsters like the one on the chain guard, the CS on the guard stands for cheater slick. the blue one is a AMF Wedge. A lot of these bikes mimicked the muscle cars with shifters red line tires, dual white line tires, the purple one is very rare only about 6 known its a 68 sears screamer coaster with a sissy bar that has shocks and the shifter is actually a "drag brake" to lock up the rear rim!