Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hey!!

I´m 33 yrs old and live in Sweden. Just got my first classic mustang a few weeks ago. I bought from the states and had it shipped over. Its a 63B with a 351W. Currently a Mach 1 clone:ish..

Unfortunatly the weather over here does´nt allow me to drive it just yet.

Welcome! Throw some snow tires on and take her to the slopes .. way back in the 80s when mine was a daily driver I lived in Ballston Spa NY and the snow was 3 feet deep from Dec to March .. snow tires on a classic .. but back then .. she was just an old car LOL

Hi Everyone,

I'm 45yrs old and live in sunny England. I just bought my 69 Mach 1 about four months ago. It's 351W with a early C4 :frown:. According to the Marty report should be a FMX box.

The car has been rebuilt but I keep finding quite a few corners cut here and there. I'm slowly getting around to replacing the dodgy bits and tidying her up.

Thanks,

Andy

Welcome Andy, very nice looking 69 there. Love the wheels and paint. There are many upgrades you can do to the C4 if you care to, unlike the FMX. Nice "starter" car you found, you'll be tinkering on it forever.

Bob

Hi everyone, I've got a 69 fastback that I bought as my first car back in the 80s. 351W, 3 spd manual, manual everything. It turned into a project that became a series of starts and stops, but I recently brought it home to "reopen the case" in the hopes of finally getting it on the road.

Here's a pic from 1994 when I set some panels on it. It looks about the name now and needs a lot to get it going. I'm really enjoying reading through the forum and getting ideas from all the great 69-70 Mustangs on this site. Still going through boxes of parts and trying to decide what to do first. I'll take some current pics and maybe start a project thread this weekend. Thanks to all those who post such great photos and information!

Hur är läget?

Where in sweden are you?... I was over in Borås in 2011 and maybe going back this summer.

Tjena! Jo då, allt är bra :) har ju precis köpt Mustang!

I live in Gothenburg not to far from Borås, let me know if you over here during summer!

What did you do here last time over?

Hi, My name is Jeff Kyner and I am a mustang addict. I have been using the site for a while. I am married and have a daughter and 2 step sons. I was born in California, raised in Colorado and plan to move to Georgia next year. Got my first mustang when I was 17, a 69' coupe. I hotrodded it and drove her for 20 years. In 88' I bought my 69' convertible. Restoration started in 95, then my daughter came along and restoration went on hold. Started back up about 5 years ago, and I do what I can as I can afford it. I am getting close now, just paint, new top and re-assemble left.

MUSTANG144_zpsa4fa4711.jpg

First off I would like to thank everybody for the info I got here. Didn't realize how much I didn't know until we started this project. My wife and I bought a 70 vert back in the mid 80's, drove it about a year then parked it. About 5 years ago we started on it, repaired or replaced just about everything. Other than the engine internals and paint, we have done the rest, to long to list. We will add more pics to an album when we get more of this computer stuff figured out. Thanks again. Terry & Sandy

i bought a new 70 mach one a week ago, it finally showed up today! its my first vintage mustang, so i have a lot to learn. but i have owned 70-71 Torinos for years.

this is the only pic i have so far. but the stats: H code, 5 speed Tremec tk0600, global west suspension and springs, california car, all original metal. Its snowing like mad outside, i havent even driven it yet!!

94B94F18-4C57-48AA-9850-ADAE2CEB36DC-1892-000001D09A80630F.jpg

Hi guys and gals, new member here. I am fortunate to own two stangs. I have a wimbleton white/ red c stripe 68 gt fastback with a hipo 302 and a 69 candy apple red over gold mettalic Mach 1 with the original 390. Will post pics at a later date. Looking forward to some interesting reading on this site.

Hi!

We are a couple from Spain. We love vintage objects and cars and our next acquisition will be a Mustang. Could you give us some advice? For example, what do we have to look, or any models which are best than others, etc.

Thank you people!

Hey Guys,

My name is Tommy, and I've been stalking this site for a while before joining. I'm originally from NY, but now live out in Southern California! I grew up on mustangs since my dad and my uncles always had them. My dad had a '69 Mach1, a '71 Mach 1, and my Uncle has a fully restored '68 convertible.

My Mustang ownership started 6 years ago when I picked up a 2006 GT. I kept the car for six years and had A LOT of work done on it. (Full race suspension, Supercharged with a GT500 Blower, etc). Although I loved the car, I built it for the track and they shut the track down last year. So without a place to really use it - I decided to sell it and start on my own restoration.

I have my heart set on a 69 like my dad's first car, and I'm currently shopping for one here in SoCal. I don't mind the work at all - I do all my own work on all my cars, and most of my family's cars.

I'm hoping to pick up a '69 fastback this spring, and spending a few years getting her back to a completed state...

austin texas Jim K

3 rods

70 fastback drag 925 hp 578 blown, powerglide strange N new motor keeps breakin drive train go figure

69 mach one 393 stroker 600tko 9 inch N every mod I can figure out how to do working on r&p stearing now this one is still on rack

1923 blown bucket all the best goodies judge for your self

Hey Everyone, Carl here from Total Control Products. I've been lurking here off and on for a while. I figured I should actually sign up so when someone has a question I can answer it. I'll drop by from time to time and see if I can be of help. If anyone has a question, technical or otherwise, PLEASE don't hesitate to call me at 800-722-2269.

Thanks!

Welcome to all new comers! Always especially nice to have a vendor join. (BTW, being a very select group here and all owning the same basic vehicle we love getting in on group buys for a fat discount!!!!)

Hi guys,

I have been on here for a few months and trying to find out how to start the project car!!!!

Last year I purchased a 1970 Coupe that was kindda rebuild..... and in need of some TLC.

The engine wasn't running when I bought her but I got her tamed and found out what was wrong...and got her purring very nicely.

Right now I know is that the previous owner bought it at a carshow in Boise,

Idaho.

The person he bought it from needed the money because he was gonna be a dad and had to sell the mustang.

The car drove around for years on the wasatch front, Utah and was parked in 1999 since that was the last time it was registered.

The car looks like a convertible but its a hardtop with a phantomtop and I can't find any info on it on the internet.

Since a tree made a tear in the top and it wasnt takencare off I figured to take it all off and go from there.

I got the marti report and it doesn't show IF the car had a vinyl top ever.

I think she looks good with a black vinyl top but I noticed its hard to find the right drip rail moldings, the most I find are for non vinyl roofs.

Then the black C-stripe isn't original either...

Because the vertical part is toowide if I compare it with other C-stripes but it looks good on her.

I found one picture on this webside of a 69 coupe with the same very wide vertical piece... so maybe the car was re-done by the same guy? who knows..

anyway about me ......

I am a aircraft mechanic and refurbish C-130's at depot leve

l.

Dad of a set of twin boys that are almost 3 now.

and I have a wife with a mustang history.....so it was a good choice I guess.

I love old cars and this is my first shot at it so I hope you guys are having a wealth of information on what the do and what not.

I will try to attach some pics here and go from there.

Henkster

Welcome. Ford offered standard vinyl tops on coupes but not phantoms with the imitation bow on the crest. That doesn't mean yours didn't come with a vinyl top originally but not this kind unless it was a deal breaker at the dealership and they added it to make the sale, if it's in decent shape though still it's likely not as old as the car. You say it has a tear, if you can still see that brownish red primer it may have had factory vinyl but I would think that would shop up on the Marti report, for sure it should say the original color and if you see that instead there's your answer becasue they usually did not paint tops on cars ordered with vinyl. I tried zooming in on your pic to check the bottom trim and it appearsd to have snaps or something (??) which original would also not have.

As for the faux '69 style boss 302 side stripe I've seen a few cars like that (also not factory) and usually for 2 reasons, 1) they wanted the Mustang fender badge to still fit or 2) They wanted to omit it but not paint the whole car so the holes got filled and black vetical widened to hide them.