Sign in to follow this  
Cruzzar

Article in Popular Hotrodding

Beautiful car and concept. I love the taking of a plain-Jane no option six and turning it into a work of art. Simple, yet elegant and deadly in it's package. Reminds of some women I know, not flashy or initially eye catchers but the second look and your hooked and you know she's a keeper and built like a tank. Love it!

:tank:

When you mentioned that your gauge panel rebuild was in that magazine, I looked in every store that sold magazines and couldn't find one, I think it's because I live in a very rural area.

I was so glad you posted a link to that article, but most of all I was so surprised to see a whole write up on your car, plus pictures. My mouth dropped open and Mr Campbell wrote a very impressive story.. You sure are one heck of a craftsman and I bet your former students are proud. Your car has just the right touches, not overly done.

Beautiful car!!

Thank you all for the kind comments. BigDuke6, I had the engine built pretty tame since I drive the car whenever I go to a show or gathering. On the engine dyno it put out 496hp @ 5400 rpm and 553 lbs. ft. of torque at 3900 rpm. I have yet to take it to the drags to see how it would perform. It has plenty of grunt and can make things happen at a pretty fast rate. I tell people that it's the car I wish I had when I was 16 but glad I didn't because I probably would not be alive today. The article had only a couple of mistakes, it had me as 48 yrs. old (I'll be 65 in March) and I live in Visalia, Ca. as posted on my sign-in.

Very nice and well deserved article, congrats! We all try to do these things for ourselves first and foremost but it still feels great when it gets recognized by others. I know I'm extra proud you're a member here.

I was wondering about the whole age thing when I saw the 48 plus the year you graduated and being retired, the important stuff is correct though at least. Too bad they left out the plug I'm sure you gave this website as well. :rolleyes: (J/K)