Jump to content

BuckeyeDemon

Members
  • Content Count

    2,460
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

BuckeyeDemon last won the day on April 1

BuckeyeDemon had the most liked content!

2 Followers

About BuckeyeDemon

  • Rank
    1969 Mach 1
  • Birthday 11/19/1976

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    Cincinnati, OH

Converted

  • Biography
    electrical engineer. develop hi-rel electronics for satellites, launch vehicles.
  • Location
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Interests
    Cycling and of course the Blue Oval
  • Occupation
    Electrical Engineer

Recent Profile Visitors

1,729 profile views
  1. looks great. i hate masking. I'm also not to worried about overspray in the cabin area (except trunk and dash). i spent several house masking when prepping to paint the cage, just to prevent having to sand overspray from the other surfaces when it's time to final sand those (and prevent dirt from getting blown out from goofy places like the roof area). I spent most of the evening tuesday night masking the cage to prevent it from getting any oversprays....
  2. all the panels and the body have now received their final application of primer (including undersides). so, the topcoat process starts with the gloss black urethane on the rollcage (easiest to mask). undercarriage is up next.
  3. the hood was from Crites and it needed work to make it fit (even though many people say they fit great and you can actually see the same problems when they post pictures....). the rear package tray was simply a new, replacement for a falcon which i then cut the speaker holes and holes/slots for the rollbar. one side has the pattern in it. the opposite side was smooth (many people seem to use the opposite side instead, but i think pattern looks a lot better and probably doesn't lead to reflections in the window). i think the material is maybe referred to as fiberboard? i gave it a very light sand (not wanting to take away the pattern), then applied paint. it had a very rough feel after paint (i think it was the fibrous material wanting to stand up, similar to what wood will do). then gave it a very light scuff with 600 to knock off that gritty feel and then two more coats. it now feels like it wouldn't leave material behind if i took a microfiber towel on it.
  4. i'll pass! wouldn't want to take away from the pleasure you could have! pushing on those dents, sanding for what seemed like hours.....
  5. the old farmall tractors. i spent more on rocker arms than i did this old tractor (and the tires themselves can come close to that in itself).
  6. thank you for asking. sorry, not much to report. I was a little burnt out after that body work and have been working a lot out of state since october. Its in a stage where it's just going to look the same for awhile anyways... the exterior, dash, trunk area are sanded and with a few more hours ready to prime again. A few other things though. Steering wheel is finished up and the stainless trim has been reworked (a lot of dents along all those edges and a few gashes). there is a lot more stainless on this than the mustang! happy to be done with that process. also got the dashpad clearanced for around the rollcage. have the trunk filler panel cut and ready to go. so that's a complicated process of installing it, putting trim around the hole and getting those small pieces i had to cut to sit back flush when it gets installed for the final time. i did pick up an old antique tractor (1948, Farmall H) that I've been wanting for a long time. It's a 20 footer so i'm planning to fully restore that after this falcon (and put too much money into it). these are a dime a dozen. It runs really well. I only did a few things to that (found an original seat assembly, paper belt pulley, alternator/12v mod, pulled the pan/valve cover, etc). note: the painted tray and small pieces are just sitting in there. final install will get the small trim pieces around the tubes i made and a method to secure those cutout pieces flat.
  7. thank you. yes the doors to open and close. not quite a Dukes of Hazzard type of car!
  8. a couple of updates if anyone is still out there.... restored a 78 honda cb550 four. was simply a means of getting a little time away from the falcon....
  9. Photobucket can't make up their mind how to display pics. They will be out of business soon. I've not moved the old pics anywhere else. If there is a detail someone needs just send me an email and I'll see if I can find them.
  10. those 3 holes grouped together shouldn't be there. the fourth is for the clamp for the rear axle breather tube.
  11. I notice when I view this page with my phone, the pics are clear. When I use my laptop they are blurry? Have you tried different browsers or maybe your phone?
  12. Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.
  13. checked the clutch/bell fit. had to shorten the TOB sleeve to clear the clutch discs. engine is finished with detail.
  14. 750hp/595ft-lbs Power was inline with race gas until the point the 850 was just limiting the motor which from memory was down around 6000 rpm. Ran the engine initially on the shops carb with race gas because they knew it worked and didn't want to potentially fight carb unknowns during initial power up/breakin. Tune is really conservative on the e85. Power was above my goal and it wasn't worth the extra tune time to me...
  15. This was an earlier run on the shops 850 carb on 110 race fuel before switching to the 1050 and E85. Later rev'd it to 7800.
×
×
  • Create New...