69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Pulled the rear drums from the white vinegar, wire wheeled those and painted them. Put on the new front wheels and tires. Welded in the rear bumper mounts. Installed the rear valance and rear bumper. Put on the new rear trunk lid. Ground down son spit welds. Ready to put the gas tank back in and fire it up.

Got my tags renewed, put the back wheels on, put the front seats, rear seats in, got it fired up after 20 months if being in the garage. Made 4 passes down the drive to make sure the 2007 gt brake swap would hold. The took of on a short drive. Need exhaust. Long tube headers with 1980's glass packs or cherries, no tail pipes. Sounds like a freaking Monster truck. But it was fun to drive.

Took the ole girl out for a spin a half dozem times before i do tear down for paint...so hard to stop driving was so much fun....i guess i will have to wait until i get it back from the shop.[ATTACH]17253[/ATTACH]

My hood was sticking up about 3/8" in front of the cowl so a buddy and I adjusted it down. It's now flush and the gaps are looking nice. It was really bothering me but it's lookin good now.

Drove it for the first time after installing the 351C and AOD trans. Still more engine wiring to sort out.

It felt weird driving the car with an automatic.

DSC02065_zps3f06e496.jpg

DSC02064_zpsb1d8bfb0.jpg

Edited by prayers1

Got my new dash pad and the speakers for the doors and dash. Radio and package tray speakers should ship in about a week. Also started organizing my tool box after trading boxes with my dad. Not directly for my 69 mach but it is still an important and enjoyable task. Haven't really worked on her in years, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Next is sorting out some oil leaks and cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay.

I started mine, pulled it out of the garage (it's still weird saying garage after moving and leaving my shop behind) swept the floor, and backed the car back in. City life sucks and I can't wait to get back to the country.

Damn! Too bad, sounds like a serious step backwards.

Bob

Put in the new dash with speaker. Adjusted the steering column and lower dash brackets to see if I could get more leg room under the steering wheel and had my dad help. We haven't worked on her together in years. Happy Father's day to my best friend, role model and hero. Love you dad.

Silent Running sound deadener and thermal coating applied to the floor and roof. Have some quarter panel and trunk work to do before applying in those areas. Next steps - Fuel/Brake lines, Suspension, then off the rotisserie.