69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Started it for the first time in 5 months yesterday. Also first time over 40 degrees in about 5 months as well.

I bet that felt good. I hope to get mine started this summer after about 2 years.

Had to straighten the cowl lip where the shock tower braces bolt to, mine was bent down a little not allowing me to bolt up the export brace. Bolted the export brace to the cowl lip to see really how far in the shock towers have sagged.

I bet that felt good. I hope to get mine started this summer after about 2 years.

This winter has been tough. Normally you get a couple warm days in the 30s mid-winter and I would fire it up then, but this year we had over 50 days below zero, most of em in a row. Just a damn cold winter.

Re-installed the fuel sender, filled the gas tank, leak checked, OK. Assembled new ring to the sending post, since I thought the connection was poor. Connected a 'custom' ground wire from the sending plate to the chassis (same reason)

Fuel gauge still shows far less than the actual level.

So.....time for a new gauge. I have replaced and checked every other possibility.

I just did not expect the gauge to be faulty after I had it sent out and checked.

Lesson learned.

Also installed and bled a smaller diameter hydraulic clutch master cylinder - much nicer pedal now, easier to push. Test drive tomorrow.

Pulled the intake, valve covers & loosened all the head bolts. I am going to pull the engine on Sat & jack up the f/e of the car to try to get the shock towers to return back to the position they belong in so I can bolt up the export brace to keep them where they should be before cutting out the torque boxes to replace them.

100_0630_zps017dd0f6.jpg

Pulled the engine today & mounted it on the stand awaiting tear down. Also jacked up the front of the car hoping the shock towers relax so I can bolt up the export brace.