69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Replaced the leaking thermostat housing gasket, flushed the system and took it out for a drive. Pretty basic stuff.

Going to do a full tune up next week I think. Buying some new wires, plugs and separator a. Going with Made For You vertical srperators and Taylor wires.

Need to pull the dash apart and replace all my dash lights.half are out!

I ordered her some parts (Front marker lenses/seals, ignition switch and cylinder, package tray, and a console {Ebay, needs a LOT of work}).

Other than missing my wife and kids, missing working on my car is the hardest thing about deployment.

Forgot to post this the other day... sprayed the satin black, still a bit wet in this pic, but it's already better than the semi-gloss:

did you upgrade the hood latch? if so, what model did you take that from? was it a direct fit?

did you upgrade the hood latch? if so, what model did you take that from? was it a direct fit?

"Upgrade" would be a strong word for it, but yeah, it's a remote release latch. Damn'd if I recall what it was from, but it was essentially a direct swap. The only real issue with it is that the underhood catch handle is very short. It's still completely reachable, but I might weld an extension on it for convenience sake.

Almost finished installing the new 2007 GT caliper, rotor and mustangsteve brackets on the driver side. Have one of the rear drums soaking in white vinegar. I mocked up one of my new 18 inch bullets wheels on the back and all I saw as rusty drum.

Almost finished installing the new 2007 GT caliper, rotor and mustangsteve brackets on the driver side. Have one of the rear drums soaking in white vinegar. I mocked up one of my new 18 inch bullets wheels on the back and all I saw as rusty drum.

07 GT front discs, 18" Bullitts.... and DRUM brakes in the rear???

C'mon man! Ya gots to put some nice discs on the rear :)

Bob

07 GT front discs, 18" Bullitts.... and DRUM brakes in the rear???

C'mon man! Ya gots to put some nice discs on the rear :)

Bob

The rear disc conversion is on this winter's to do list. But yeah I agreed, rear looks like Crap. But a little paint will help some. My 3rd child is due in 2 months. Want to drive it some this summer. So, I am putting a halt on any new projects and finishing up what's in progress.

My 3rd child is due in 2 months. So, I am putting a halt on any new projects and finishing up what's in progress.

Wow! The fact that you can get anything done with young-uns around is amazing. Kudos! Forget everything I said.

Bob

Wow! The fact that you can get anything done with young-uns around is amazing. Kudos! Forget everything I said.

Bob

Well, I am 38, my current youngest is 7. So right now it's not too bad. In 2 months it will become bad. So it needs to be drivable by mid June.

The past 2 weeks just got done installing all new Moog steering linkage and Steering box, as well as installing UCA 1" drop, Eaton 1" lowering springs, Rebuilt 1970 spindles and Disc brakes, 1974 Maverick Manual Disc MC, rear Port Valve, new brakes lines, new UCA & LCA. I just picked up the rebuilt AOD and 351 Cleveland should be done today or tomorrow.

DSC02040_zpsf74d3e22.jpg

DSC02022_zpsf1708bd9.jpg

DSC02011_zpsa3d192d5.jpg

DSC02030_zpsca139099.jpg

Edited by prayers1

I cut out the rotted rear section of the r/s outer front frame.

100_0695_zpsff49db18.jpg

Here is a pic of the patch piece on the right & the rotted piece I cut out on the left. Note how much had rotted away from the lower l/s.

100_0696_zpsf0727cc0.jpg

Finally started on my quarters this past sunday. Cut the right side qtr & outer wheel house out. Left about 2 inches around the qtr except where it was rotted. Also left 2 inches on the outer wheel house and trimmed the flange off the new outer wheel house so I can bump the qtrs out. Had to hammer the stepped part out to meet the new piece. Finished aligning the wheel house and tacking it in place last night. Worked till dark and didn't have time to take pics. I plan to finish welding up the wheel house one day this weekend so maybe I can get some pics then.

Bolted the Cleveland to the AOD and installed it last night. It took about an hour to do, first I tried with the Sanderson Headers, then I took the right side off, then battled with the motor mounts. It looks a lot bigger in the engine bay. I guess I was spoiled with the 289.

DSC02047_zps147ea1c0.jpg

DSC02050_zpsfaa3d089.jpg

Evil I'm doing your flush mount tail light conversion this weekend.

On Monday I officially started the assembly of my car after it languished in body shop he'll for 2 years...

During the week I got the entire brake system installed and blend and working.

Installing Dynamamat tonight in whole car and my friend is coming in from Houston to help me all weekend and bringing me parts from John's Mustang.

Would like to get wiring harness laid in under the hood and drop the 408 & 4R70w in and bolted down and maybe install door glass.

Think we can get that done with 2 of us ..Both experienced Mustang guys...;-)