69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Took all the headlights off to install new tri bar headlights. Trim rings were held together by 12 sizes of screws. 2 adjusting screws were stripped. One was missing. Wire was broken on one of the low beams so I needed to attach a new piece.

By the time, I got what I needed to fix things up the tri bars required the buckets to be cut. I do not have any cutting tools so I reassembled everything since I needed to drive it tomorrow for header and mid pipe install.

Aimed headlights anyways with car running. When I turned it off, red spewed antifreeze from the overflow all over the driveway.

Took all the headlights off to install new tri bar headlights. Trim rings were held together by 12 sizes of screws. 2 adjusting screws were stripped. One was missing. Wire was broken on one of the low beams so I needed to attach a new piece.

By the time, I got what I needed to fix things up the tri bars required the buckets to be cut. I do not have any cutting tools so I reassembled everything since I needed to drive it tomorrow for header and mid pipe install.

Aimed headlights anyways with car running. When I turned it off, red spewed antifreeze from the overflow all over the driveway.

You sure that thing is a Mustang and not a Fiat?

Finished welding in the shock tower reinforcements, ground down the welds, and dressed the seams with sealer. I never intended for it to take this long for this part of the project, and I missed my artificially imposed deadline, but I'm very glad to have spent the time to do it properly.

Found and bought a very nice dash delete plate from ebay, ordered 4 KYB gas shocks, picked out wheels and tires, ordering next week. Have the tail light panel and fillers clamped in place. Some small adjustments and they should be ready to weld in.

Got a couple things done... I finished painting the engine and mounted the intake and test fitted the carb and fuel line. And the engine bay got sanded, primed, and topcoated. The "semi-gloss" was to glossy for my tastes, and the flat black is too flat. So now I've bought some satin black to try. Hope it works.

Pics... engine bay still in flat black here:

Put Fluids in the car for new Power steering setup, new TKO 600 install and new Eaton Tracloc and 3.50 gears. Started it up to check for leaks and so far so good. Need to recheck new SOT Coil over setup and get it to alignment shop.

Hopefully back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Got.the firewall inside down to bare metal and shot it with dtm epoxy. 65% gloss. Turned out well for my first time with gravity feed gun. Search for a new outer rocker panel.may have a shop fan me one up. Still looking for used.

Changed the Oil & Filter. Only 829 miles since last Oil Change, but that was in May of 2012. Thought it was time. :-)

From what I've read, the additives break down after 6 months. It's not just miles that break them down.

Bob

Not that pollen season is over, I uncovered her, dusted her off and drove the car for first time this year for 50+ miles :thumbup:

Just for fun I clicked on your build thread. Now I followed your build of the 69 back then, but I sure don't remember seeing the pic of your GT! Uh, very nice. Which one is the best conversation starter?

Bob

New hood hinges, 3" magnaflow exhaust, Holley blue pump, and set it back on the ground for the first time in over a year!! Getting close to starting in for the first time in 16 years!!

New hood hinges, 3" magnaflow exhaust, Holley blue pump, and set it back on the ground for the first time in over a year!! Getting close to starting in for the first time in 16 years!!

Awesome

I hope to have mine back on the road in June after 1.5 years of working on it. Still won't be done, but good and road worthy for the summer.

Awesome

I hope to have mine back on the road in June after 1.5 years of working on it. Still won't be done, but good and road worthy for the summer.

I've only been workin on it on and off for the last two years.

I sold it 16 or so years back, they had a fire. Now I have it back and I hope to start it in June. If I'm real lucky a drive shortly after.