69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

I hope your radiator is good.

It is, it's a big 4 core radiator. I'll also be adding in an oil cooler and a second electric fan before I do the lower front diffuser.

Something like this is all I need, nothing too crazy. Minus the carbon kevlar lip.

2422_5[1].jpg

Ordered some parts for the brake booster delete and smaller brake master cylinder.

Might swing by a store this weekend to get some 1/8" lexan for the rear quarter windows. While I'm at it I mightpick up some 1/4 inch plywood and mess around with making an under tray/ splitter mock up. And the same for the rear, except the rear will only be a cardboard mock up.

Plastidipped the grille and put on inner headlight doors. Extremely happy with how good the plastidip looks. I'll probably dip most of my chrome as a temp measure until I can afford to get all new. Sure makes the front end look a ton better! Now I need to figure out the color to paint that grey piece under the grille, mine is flaking pretty bad.

getting more ideas from the agent 47 69 mustang now.. thinking of getting rid of my high beam lights and have air filters going through them.

anyone know if its possible to convert 69 headlights to 70 headlights? Im assuming the wiring pins are different?

getting more ideas from the agent 47 69 mustang now.. thinking of getting rid of my high beam lights and have air filters going through them.

anyone know if its possible to convert 69 headlights to 70 headlights? Im assuming the wiring pins are different?

Ah, see!

What I would do (and what I've read A47 will be doing), is keep the filter as is, make some sort of a cover (well will call it the filter housing) for it and attach hoses to it that then go to the front high beam spots. I feel like it would get more air that way - rather than air being pulled into the filter and then some bounching off - since the air gets pulled in and becomes an almost ram air effect on the filter, since it will confined inside the filter housing.

Idk... just a thought.

What I liked the most about the Harbinger car, is that the dash was moved 6" back, along with the seats too. Then they also lowered and pushed the engine as far as it could go without moving the firewall. Which is obviously awesome for weight distribution.

I also like their front end setup. the radiator support bar is just a pipe, with other supporting parts. But it seems like that would have lightened the front end up a bit as well as make it a lot more stiff.

Pic of that is here: IMG_2225.jpg

Honestly, if I knew 100% it would work, the next think I would do is install fiberglass doors and lexan windows for them; then figure out some sort of a latch system to move the lexan windows up and down, then paint!

That would easily drop over 100 lbs to the car and probably be the best bang for buck weight reduction mod.

Ah, see!

What I would do (and what I've read A47 will be doing), is keep the filter as is, make some sort of a cover (well will call it the filter housing) for it and attach hoses to it that then go to the front high beam spots. I feel like it would get more air that way - rather than air being pulled into the filter and then some bounching off - since the air gets pulled in and becomes an almost ram air effect on the filter, since it will confined inside the filter housing.

Idk... just a thought.

What I liked the most about the Harbinger car, is that the dash was moved 6" back, along with the seats too. Then they also lowered and pushed the engine as far as it could go without moving the firewall. Which is obviously awesome for weight distribution.

I also like their front end setup. the radiator support bar is just a pipe, with other supporting parts. But it seems like that would have lightened the front end up a bit as well as make it a lot more stiff.

Pic of that is here: IMG_2225.jpg

Honestly, if I knew 100% it would work, the next think I would do is install fiberglass doors and lexan windows for them; then figure out some sort of a latch system to move the lexan windows up and down, then paint!

That would easily drop over 100 lbs to the car and probably be the best bang for buck weight reduction mod.

yeah, there is so much to do.. I even wanted to do the fender flares just like the harbinger. but imma wait once i get the car back from the shop.. lol so much to do...not enough money. lol

I think if I ever do the flairs like them, Id like to go directly to them. Ill probably go to them for any crazy body or chassis stuff (front rad support, flairs, dash, etc). Like moving the seat mounts back and lower (like in the Harbinger).

so what site can you purchase the individual components that make up the agent 47 harbinger... their site shows all but the 69 items ...

not sure, but you can email them. I think on their FB page they announced they will be making parts for our years.

I would love to buy a set of the wheel flares. lol

They sell little things here and there from the car, like the center console, dash stuff and... that's really all I asked about. What they do is just build the Harbinger and sell it as an entire car. I'm sure if you have the money, they make and sell anything you'd want.

I discovered the cause of the banging and vibration from under the car: A broken muffler hanger. I replaced that, then started work on the exhaust donut. The studs in the manifold screwed out, but the nuts never budged! So now I need to get new studs to install, and possibly a tap to rethread one of the holes....

Got the instrument panel in (at long last) and spark checked her. I was expecting the LED lights to pop but actually they are probably about like the originals. I ordered the OEM blue-green kit from HiPo Parts Garage for the original look. The kit recommended leaving the OEM light diffusers in place.

I started mine up for the first time in nearly 3 months!! The new motor, and trans, are still in the crate though! UGH

But, felt good planting my butt in the seat... and firing her up.

Dude, you gotta get that new mill installed :)

Bob