69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

productive weekend... got the tail light panel and gas tank removed, inner fender aprons spot welded in, hung the new goodmark fenders along with the hood to line-up to the new goodmark door skins. Had to modify the skin a bit on the drivers side up at the pillar post... pretty decent stampings though.

On the way home from work stopped by the local welding supply store & picked up a 55 cu ft tank argon/CO2 mix so I can start welding with my th_100_0427_zps391b4e9c.jpgnew MIG conversion kit on my Lincoln welder.

The newly re-covered seats are ready! I paid a pro for this work and I am very happy with the outcome. I love that these are built on my original frames, and are close to original, with a nice mix of custom touches.

I wish the car was ready for them to go into, though....

Rebuilt my rear drum brakes. Man am I glad that my uncle told me to fish out all the rusty old crap that I'd tossed out of the trash or I would have been screwed. Thank god for bench grinders and wire wheels. Its amazing what a complete rebuild kit doesn't come with!

Fred what color green is that called? Is that the grabber green or the mint green?.

Mike.

Grabba Green, if I heard correctly, there were only around 800+ painted that color from the factory. Pretty soon I'm gonna get a Mariti report on our car

Rebuilt my rear drum brakes. Man am I glad that my uncle told me to fish out all the rusty old crap that I'd tossed out of the trash or I would have been screwed. Thank god for bench grinders and wire wheels. Its amazing what a complete rebuild kit doesn't come with!

Nice to see your car with the straight 6 still in it, good choice.:yes:

installed a new reproduction flip open gas cap. funny inside the package was a warning that read " ONLY TO BE USED ON SHOW VEHICLES, NOT TO ACTUALLY TOUCH FUEL" pretty sure this was just a disclaimer because it didnt go through some sort of NHTSA testing. any way it seems to work well

Nice to see your car with the straight 6 still in it, good choice.:yes:

Yeah 'bout that, I was going to keep the six but it started throwing up oil and I blew the exhaust manifold off of it so, I'm putting a roller cam 302 in it. :whistling:

I actually just picked up the carb for it today.

Kid- is that just a repo or a ford tooling one? I'm in the market and leaning more towards the ford tooling. Also my wife is really pushing my to paint our car the jada sliver. But I want the candy apple red. What the car was suppose to be.

Not sure if the hood is repo or ford tooling, bought it off of craigslist, how can one tell?, and if I had to choose between Silver Jade or Candy Red I'd go Silver Jade just because of the you don't see too many, Plus it looks great.