69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

After setting up the Christmas decorations I started sanding down the inside of my front valance. It has some small damage spots that I want to see if I can repair so I do not have to replace it with a repop piece.

Weighed her.

Not the most accurate scales, each scale is give or take 10-20 lbs, haha. But it gives me an idea where the car is sitting.

Front left: 930 lbs

Front right: 870 lbs

Rear left: 720

Rear right: 700

Total weight: 3220 lbs

I also think that the lat left side is a little heavier, by at least 20-30 lbs. I have a 40 lb battery on the rear right side and it still came in lighter... it had to be that little incline the car was on.

So I think it's more like:

Front left: 910 lbs

Front right: 890 lbs

Rear left: 700 lbs

Rear right: 720 lbs

Just a guess... I need to get on some real scales, not some crappy wheel scales that we use for tactical vehicles.

cavboy78, that otta make things nice. But I would have had the plumber dig the trench, and I'd have installed the conduit and pulled the wire. Much easier on the back! :)

well.. one step forward .. two steps back ... installed new lacarra billet hub, horn button, new turn signal switch, new turn signal arm, installed thermal insulation under the carpet and bolted the pro car by Scat seats in.... progress!!

now for the bad... decided to pull the motor/trans after looking at clutch adjustment... did the math on the Mcleod throw-out bearing installation... subtracting B from A = no way it would ever disengage the clutch... so i have a call into Bruce at Modern Driveline to see what we can do... i believe i have a throw-out bearing setup for a Cobra T56 not for a Viper T56..we shall see

btw-- ordered several parts and remembered why i hadnt ordered from Mustang Depot for a long while... they cant seem to ship things out as expected, and the website seems to be static in that no inventory feedback to know if something is on back order, in stock etc. ordered items this week 3 day fedex, needless to say i received everything in the steering wheel kit.. except the steering wheel.. among other items.. live learn and hopefully remember.

Mike65,

I'm just north of Syracuse ( Watertown). My folks live out in webster, just East of Rochester. not too many stangs up here.

I know Webster pretty good, nice area. Watertown "the snow belt" of upstate NY. LOL.

Weather was nice today. So I started tearing down my coupe. Pulled all the seats out, took both bumpers off, and started to straighten out and fix the rear valance. I also pulled a couple other parts and started to wire wheel and clean some of the loose undercoating and surface rust. Its been interesting looking at other members builds, lots of good pictures and stories.

Installed a Scott Drake 7 qt "T" Oil pan today. Wasn't sure what I was getting my self into... didn't take too long at all. Took 5 hours! That was including getting all the tools ready, jacking up the car, warming it up, draining the oil, etc.

I was looking at my pistons and them seem, to me, to look like they're aluminum pistons. Could someone take a look and let me know what you think?

2012-12-08_13-24-30_985.jpg

2012-12-08_13-24-48_669.jpg

And are these the OE rods? Look like I beams or something... idk.

2012-12-08_13-26-02_601.jpg

2012-12-08_13-25-27_62.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

And pics of the installed fb bumper.

2012-12-06_12-21-46_939.jpg

2012-12-06_12-46-01_532.jpg

2012-12-06_12-46-23_88.jpg

2012-12-06_12-45-53_942.jpg