prayers1

Group purchase Self-Tuning EFI Discount

I still have to do dealer paperwork with the company.

Right after Christmas I am going to as you guys that are in for getting one to email/message me with a confirmation that you want one, what you want and that you do in fact have the money/ can afford it.

If we have enough people which looks like we will then we will go for it.

Bob

I still have to do dealer paperwork with the company.

Right after Christmas I am going to as you guys that are in for getting one to email/message me with a confirmation that you want one, what you want and that you do in fact have the money/ can afford it.

If we have enough people which looks like we will then we will go for it.

Bob

Great work Bob!! I think we owe you a case of beer for setting this up!!

I think you guys owe Bob more than beer.  He's doing all the leg work.  And later if something needs a warranty replacement Bob might very well have to do the leg work for that.  Don't forget the pain in the rear sales tax.  In my experience, ultimately somebody will have to pay it.

I'm surprised that FITech won't/wouldn't just create or issue a discount code.  I know that there is no real motivation for them to do so but that is what I have seen other companies do in these situations.  I know the root of the issue for them is guaranteeing the order volume.

I'm surprised that FITech won't/wouldn't just create or issue a discount code.  I know that there is no real motivation for them to do so but that is what I have seen other companies do in these situations.  I know the root of the issue for them is guaranteeing the order volume.

From what I've read in this thread I don't think FITech is giving a discount.  Maybe I am wrong, but the posts read as Bob is arranging to be a distributor for FITech.  Bob is simply passing on the distributor pricing to end users.  That's why I mentioned that pain in the rear sales tax (that I also hate).  But somewhere down the line it gets paid unless in some cases it is an out of state sale and not required.  If the end users don't pay it and it is ultimately required, from what I have seen, Bob will get stuck paying the sales tax.  Also, will end users need some type of proof of purchase for warranty purposes?  This is a great deal and I am not trying to discourage any purchases.  I hate to post any negative issues.  Somebody may have already considered these things.  I only mention them so later issues can be avoided and I haven't read any posts in this thread addressing them.

If the end users don't pay it and it is ultimately required, from what I have seen, Bob will get stuck paying the sales tax.  Also, will end users need some type of proof of purchase for warranty purposes?

Yup, guess there's more legwork involved, sorry Bob.

I'm with you Jefhul . Its better for FiTech to sell a dozen or so to one person but it would be so much easier for us if they could just give us a discount code so we can deal with them direct and save Bob all the headache.

I agree, I just emailed their support, they said I can run an electric ext. Fuel Pump as their system requires at least 58 psi. I can run their Fuel Command Center if I choose not to use a return line to the gas tank, no regulator required. so I'm Definitely in for this kit. I just want to see whats the total before I say yes, just to make sure I have enough funds for this. 

as everyone has stated here big big thanks to bob for the hook up! 

What was mentioned was correct. I have to sign up as a dealer/distributor to get that pricing. I have a small side buisness so I can do that, but if one of you has an automotive buisness I am happy to work,with you on this deal and then you will be a distributor and get that same discount in the future ( pending that you maintain their sales minimums.)

They did not seem to be interested in selling a bunch of them to a bunch of individuals as they want dealers. They seem to be a company that is in a growing position that lacks a full dealer network. If they sell to a bunch of yahoos here and there that undermines their exsisting dealers.

I have to do things right and legal here as was mentioned if I don't I am on the hook to the government with all their BS.

So while I know some of you are eager as am I to have a new toy. I have to take the time to do this right so all,is fair to everybody.

In this I want to maintain full transpairancy so you guys can ask anything you would like, I don't mind.

My plan as it is.....

Get approved and signed up with EFI tech.

Get the actual dealer pricing information for all the items so I can let you guys know what the exact cost will be.

Get commitments from everybody that wants product and then get your money. I don't mind making no money here but I'm not spending my money to make no money.

Make the order and pay them.

Recieved the order.

Distribute the order, which will mean there will be a shipping charge to get them from me to you. For,those that want to meet up and get yours in person I'm good with that. I will me making a trip to Southern California several times nex year so those of you in that area I can bring them with me. I am generally in the West Covina area when I am there. I also plan to be in stocton and perhaps San Francisco.

I live in Visalia and have family in Fresno so those are my stomping grounds.

For,our Australian friends, I have a good friend and mustang nut that lives in the Brisbane area. He comes to,visit me about every 9 months give or take. Generally he comes here when we have rounded up a couple of cars and some parts that he will put in a container to take back with him. I know he will take stuff back if I ask him to however he may charge you a small fee as there is some paperwork he has to do on his end importing them. For this to happen we need to have further conversation before you send me money.

I can/will make you a recipt for the purchase from me (that's really what this is) as I have to keep things proper myself.

Somebody mentioned warranty. Feel free to read the factory warranty for details. Full disclosure is that you cannot count on any warranty support from me other than me helping out to be a nice guy. I am not obligating myself to anything on a product I have never used or installed before and that I am not making any money on.

Full disclosure. I am planning to purchase either one or likly two for myself so yes I am benefiting a little by doing this. However I can buy them at a 10% jobber/installer price today with my buisness. That will save me about $90 per unit which is not a big deal but it's something. Keep in mind that doing the dealer thing is only going to benifit me another $90 per unit in savings. So I am getting something off this, but not much.

Some,of,you may be in a position to buy direct from them under the jobber/installer pricing. If you have or a friend has an automotive buisness and you want to do this...by all means, go ahead. You will not be hurting my feeling at all and you will likly get your new toy faster than waiting on me.

Let's talk money. I have been thinking about this and am thinking that if I do PayPal I'm going to ask that you send it as a gift.

Why? Well,PayPal charges a fee, and at a zero margin of my part that doesn't work. You can say you will send a little,more to cover the fee but that also implies a product protection that I don't want to be on the hook for. Not saying that anyone would do that to me but I'm not so,sure I want to adsorb any more risk here than I already am.

Ideally all,of you would give me cash, but this is not an ideal world as we are all over the place. I may ask for a certified bank check or something. I am open to I put and discussions for this as well as others ideas.

Friends. I guess you can say we are internet friends here which is nice but that is not the same as being actual hang out every weekend friends. So I think we need to have some measure here for everyone's happiness. Again I am open to Input on this, but these are my thoughts. You guys see me on this board, you see what I write/ participate. I have bought things from some of you and I have sold things to some of you. All of those deals have worked out very well so far. There are a few of you I email or text with outside of this board as well. My though is that I want to do this for ACTIVE member of this board. If your are new and have a post count of 4, I don't think you are going to be playing this round. The only way we know who each other really is here is from what we write, the only way we will know you is if you have written enough that we know who you are.

Does that seem unfair? Who knows but it is a though that I have had

So all the above is just the ramblings of someone that is nuts enough to have an addiction to mustangs, participate in the conversation and I will proceed with trying to make this work out for us. If it works out well enough I may try it again on something else that we all want.

Bob

Bob, first thanks for doing this and the work...one question and one comment.

Do you have an idea (not binding in anyway) as to the expected duration or time to shipment for those of us interested in participating?

Regarding PayPal payments as friends, will this be to a personal or business account? I ask because I know w few folks that have had their business accounts frozen by PayPal for repetitive and large payments as friends...it seems they want their money! If this is a personal account it may not apply

Sounds good to me Bob; you've got to protect yourself. It will be nice if it works out but not catastrophic if it doesn't. Its a generous offering of your time and a great way as a group to work out the technical details involved in the swap on virtually the same cars.

That's all a fair call Bob. Are you able to set up a direct debit through your bank so we could pay straight into your account? My wife works for a bank here so I can ask her for ways to pay with no cost to you. It's a good suggestion for the Aussies to ship through your friend if the live in Brisbane but for those outside driving distance it will most likely be cheaper to ship direct from you. Aussie freight companies are pretty expensive for domestic freight.

Bob, first thanks for doing this and the work...one question and one comment.

Do you have an idea (not binding in anyway) as to the expected duration or time to shipment for those of us interested in participating?

Regarding PayPal payments as friends, will this be to a personal or business account? I ask because I know w few folks that have had their business accounts frozen by PayPal for repetitive and large payments as friends...it seems they want their money! If this is a personal account it may not apply

For duration, I have no idea.

I assume that once I pay for them, the units will be shipped quickly to me.

After that I'm thinking perhaps a week turn around time out to you guys

That is a good point with PayPal. I have a personal account mostly for convenience. Having a bunch of large deposits all of a sudden could be a problem. We may need to do this through bank transfer and cert bank check

Bob

Ditto-Thank you Bob for your time and help!

I see your point on PayPal. It might be best to gather the emails of all purchasers (this way you have an ideal of how many you need to order) then email them back with your mailing address, so that we can send a Cert Check or Post Office money order.

If I were you, I would not post my personal info on this site or the web. Of course it's up to you.

I will be emailing you with my order.

Thank you again!!

Isn't it pace performance that sells these? Maybe if we approached them saying we have 10+ guys from our forum wanting to make a big purchase, they could get us let's say 15% off so they are still making some money. Sure hate to see you do all this work for no long term business unless you want to make some side money.

Byron

If you want to give them a call and see what they will do, feel free.

If you want to call the manucpfacturer and see what they will do, feel free to do that as well.

What I would ask is that you do not mention anything about what we are doing here with plan A as I don't want them to shut us out if your efforts do not get us anywhere. Just tell them you have a bunch of people that are thinking about installing injection on their car and you are thinking that if we all got a deal on their system then ........etc

Bob

Im still in, but of course with the money transfer through the bank, I never done that before... I mainly purchase things with my debit card,or write a check so ill have to look into my bank on how to transfer money to your account.

anyways, Im still in. I spoke with their tech support and they say I can run my electric ext. pump and fuel regular to the command center, but require at most 6psi which is what my carb is regulated currently. one thing I do have to figure out is how to vent it to the gas tank.