prayers1

Group purchase Self-Tuning EFI Discount

I have been lurking for years and not posted as much on this site as I would have liked but that is because my 69 snowballed from day one and have been slowly rebuilding it.  I love the idea of this product since I am very interested in FI for these old cars to make them more driver friendly.  I probably do not have the posts here to do this order and with a new addition on the way in the next week or two (kid not a car) I will have to wait.  I do like how this forum comes together to help out each other and look forward to seeing how this system works out for everyone.

I just found out Summit are selling Fitech systems. Just a thought but would it be worth speaking to them about a group purchase discount? I'm thinking it may be a backup plan if it becomes too much hassle for Bob to set up.

Bob, we all appreciate your efforts in trying to set this deal up but no one wants to see you out of pocket or caught up in tax or legal issues trying to help us out.

I just found out Summit are selling Fitech systems. Just a thought but would it be worth speaking to them about a group purchase discount? I'm thinking it may be a backup plan if it becomes too much hassle for Bob to set up.

Bob, we all appreciate your efforts in trying to set this deal up but no one wants to see you out of pocket or caught up in tax or legal issues trying to help us out.

Give summit a call and ask them

So, lets get this straight. Are we dropping the ball on this issue and each man on his own?

I hate to sit here and wait and wait and wait.......................  I'd like to start my project and get on with it.

If Bob has second thoughts, then I respect his decision.  It is a big responsibility to tackle this project by being a vendor for FiTech.

There is no pressure here on this Forum and I believe we are here to support each other.

This Monday I will take a stab on calling some big name Companies and if it doesn't work, well at least we tried.

I open to everyone's opinion.!

I am interested in at least one kit. We're putting together a 302 for my wife's '69 and just starting a 408 for my Fox. This is probably my second post here so I have no rep (but do on other auto boards using the same username), but FWIW I'm in Bakersfield and could make a trip to pay cash in person. Take my family shopping, grab some FI...

Edit: I was posting right before shaun071's bit about Summit. I understand Rob's position and no hard feelings. I'd entertain anyone's plan.

Did you guys know that Holley is going to sell a comparable TBI called the Sniper.

Also, FiTech wil be making 2 new models.. IIRC, one is a 400 hp version sold on the same platform.

NOT MY ATTACHMENTS BELOW

Presumably the 400hp version will be cheaper? I have been reading up on the Holley kit and am very interested in it as well. Although don't believe it will be shipping until April

I have been running around with too many things to do anything on this right now.

I still intend to move on this once I have all the ducks in a row unless someone comes up with another alternative.

For those that are in a hurry and want it now....I understand.

If I was you I think I would call them up and claim to be a small shop and ask for their 10% off jobber/installer pricing

Your only paying $90 more than the group rate will be and you get it now.

I think they still ship it for free so it works out good for you

Bob

I just spoke to Summit and they weren't interested in doing a group purchase discount. It was worth a try anyway. I've always had good experiences with my purchases from them. 

prayers1, on 03 Jan 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

snapback.png

Did you guys know that Holley is going to sell a comparable TBI called the Sniper.

Also, FiTech wil be making 2 new models.. IIRC, one is a 400 hp version sold on the same platform.

NOT MY ATTACHMENTS BELOW

Is there any more info available on the 400hp version? My 351c is more of a cruiser than a racer and the 400hp version may better suit my engine.

Thanks for looking into this Bob! I know I am a newbie to the group and was hopeful to take part of the discount. How many people are going to use the fuel command center? If not what route are you going? Fitech's other system or putting a pump in the tank?

Thanks,

Chad

Not good. They have a Facebook page I might try through Facebook and regular email. I looked at summit for their shipping price to Aus, $79.95US through DHL express and you sort out the import taxes. If you're lucky it might just slip through. I've had that happen before. Through I-parcel it was $220US and they pay the import taxes for you through a broker. That should give you a rough estimate on freight.

Not good. They have a Facebook page I might try through Facebook and regular email. I looked at summit for their shipping price to Aus, $79.95US through DHL express and you sort out the import taxes. If you're lucky it might just slip through. I've had that happen before. Through I-parcel it was $220US and they pay the import taxes for you through a broker. That should give you a rough estimate on freight.

Cheers for the info. You may have better luck than me getting a reply.

Fitech got back to me through their Facebook page about freight- $150-200. The Australian distributor for Fitech is speed master. By the time they pay taxes and add their bit, with freight it will probably be cheaper to buy direct from Fitech or summit.

Fitech got back to me through their Facebook page about freight- $150-200. The Australian distributor for Fitech is speed master. By the time they pay taxes and add their bit, with freight it will probably be cheaper to buy direct from Fitech or summit.

Shaun are you saying that FiTech shipping price is $150-200 U.S. That's about $225-300 Aussie . Is this including Aus taxes etc. I might be better getting one from summit and send it to my Sisters place in the U.S. And get her to post it to me.