69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Applied stencil to rear deck lid for stripes. This job might be a snap for some but I spent several hours on this looking down it line of sight to make sure it was straight, even, blah blah, blah. My deck lid has a slight frown to it. Who knew? The hood set should be much easier. I do like the SEM satin Hot Rod black product. Looks great, lays down smooth and even. I hope it holds up.

Had my transition pan and trunk pan in for test fit. Pulled it out and por15the inside of rails up to where I am welding in the new 29 inch rear rails.will put a second coat on after I weld in the rails then hit the. Tops of the rails with weld try primer. Enough for today.

not much over leave... I only get a few times a year (week or 2 at a time) to work on my 69. I Found some new TMI seat foam and new seat covers, interior sail panels, arm rests, sun visors, Ford NOS hood trim still in package. All of this was new about 5 years ago before I went into the USMC and was thought to be thrown away-I got another set of TMI seat covers, needless to say-I cant return either set so I might be selling a set soon. Not sure what its worth

However, I did make a few trips into the garage and finally figured out the Rivnuts for the sports mirrors.

I know its not much but its all I could do and it IS forward progress plus i found about 600 bucks worth of new parts while cleaning my grandmas basement for the christmas party which is almost as good as working on it.

Mike65.....

Don't be stingy with the pics. I will probalby doing this to mine sometime this year. So any insight or gotchas will be appreciated.

Here you go.

100_0584_zps4e27177d.jpg

This is the area where the r/s front inner fender panel overlaps the front of the shock tower top flange.

Ordered 1969 Porsche 911 bolts. Oh Mustang related. Called about a few boss 302 engines but all were bogus or overpriced but kept the boss in the barn happy. GTvert is crying because I neglected it last few days. Tomorrow, will be taking off the rest of the parts off and seeing if I need to order more for it.