69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Started her up and started the process of tuning the Carb after taking it apart and making some changes over the winter.  Hopefully She'll be on the road next weekend at least for a short test drive.   Also cleaned up some of the wiring for the Gear Vendors.

Dropped the 4 speed off at a friends for rebuild ,it looks like i can get the parts i need new ...cross your fingers that my 4 speed doesnt disappear again .Going with the road race kit ,had one built this way before and i could shift that sucker with out using the clutch 

25 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

I helped a fellow member have a reason to add 2 more gauges, putting them on the right side pillar post. Lol

The hell you say!

Fired her up, cleaned some dust off, ran over the list of stuff I need to do buy and fix... Its not much... but maybe this year I can get brake lines, fuel lines, suspension, and paint prep taken care of.. 

Axle was rebuilt last year, all the suspension parts are ready to go, just need to finish up a little bit of paint underneath first... just a few more years... 

On 4/15/2017 at 4:19 PM, Thin Lizzy said:

I paid the bill for my new Magnums and BFGs.  $2260!  The UK/US exchange rate is not good!

Man, I totally prefer the Cooper Cobra WLT over the BFG's.  saves almost $50 (US) per tire in the 235/60 r15 version in my area, and looks everybit as good....

IMG_9926.jpg

16 hours ago, Mach1Rider said:

Mike. Don't take this wrong but its just an ol mans observation. Why didn't you paint the backing plate while it was completely torn apart?

All those pretty new parts put on need a clean background.

From one ol man to another, once I cleaned them up there did not appear to have any paint on them so I left them natural bare metal.

4 hours ago, JayEstes said:

Man, I totally prefer the Cooper Cobra WLT over the BFG's.  saves almost $50 (US) per tire in the 235/60 r15 version in my area, and looks everybit as good....

IMG_9926.jpg

Yes they look great. And love the cragars.

We can't get Cooper Cobras in the U.K., just BFGs and Hercules.

Ordered my top loader parts to day from David Kee top loader parts ,he said he has everything in stock .Getting the road race kit ,small block input shaft ,the front bearing retainer and 1-2 gear .everything else is in great shape .This guy has everything to rebuild a top loader .Should cost somewhere between 400 to $500 with shipping 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Getting the road race kit

I have to ask what that includes?

I put the road race shift rails in mine and hate them.

I did it myself so there is the possibly I messed something up.

Speed shifting is lets say....... challenging....

Would like to hear back from someone that has used them......

53 minutes ago, ray1970 said:

I have to ask what that includes?

I put the road race shift rails in mine and hate them.

I did it myself so there is the possibly I messed something up.

Speed shifting is lets say....... challenging....

Would like to hear back from someone that has used them......

Everything is heavy duty even the sincros ,the last one my brother inlaw built for me i didnt need to use the clutch to shift after take off,i loved that 4 speed