69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Picked up a couple of front seats. Bought them off of a craigslist ad. Came out of an 06 AMG CLS63 with 4,000 miles. Stole the pair for $700 delivered. I just happened to know the guy, he did the marble/ granite/ onyx work on my last house. The seats have power everything, including headrest. Also has air adjustable lumbar & lower seat. Major task will be to get the seats to sit low enough, and power to the seats. When I sent pics and info on the seats to my brother, he sent back an eBay link to a for sale, no auction, for 1 of these seats at $1,000. Wish I was able to post pics.

Bob

Edited by RPM

th_100_0437_zpse7eea873.jpgth_100_0438_zpsccc51bc5.jpg

Before & after stripping the old paint off the seat tracks from the pass side seat. Had to lube & straighten one of the tracks that was bound up. Now I just need some warmer weather so I can repaint them & reinstall them.

Mike.

Ripped out old underdash AC unit, Welded a patch in the door jam for some rust repair, Installed a new gas tank and ordered aluminum fuel lines, after blowing out the old ones lots of rust "powder" came out. All and all not a bad day

The temp hit 50 degrees today so I painted the pass side seat tracks & reinstalled them on the seat & installed the seat. Removed the drivers side seat &he seat tracks to restore them also.

I continued taking stuff off of my 428 CJ motor to prepare it for pulling in order to detail the engine bay and clean up the engine and repaint it. Really hard to due around full length headers. I hurt in several places from cramps from contorting into awkward positions to try to reach parts and bolts. Took me an hour and a half just to figure out how to get the starter out. Now I'm taking a break to figure out how to get the clutch linkage out. That should be the last step prior to hooking the hoist up and taking the bell housing and motor mount bolts out.

Went to my local mustang graveyard and picked up a heater box and a quarter extension for my 69 coupe.

WTF? You have your own Mustang boneyard? You lucky dog. Where abouts you live?

Bob

Ordered a Cobra Automotive 1 1/4" hollow front sway bar.

Next on the list is RAE Racing front coilover suspension kit and Michelin Radial T/A 295 rear tires.

Once I get the car back, I'll install all that and finally get to drive her hard! After that, I'll swing by Home Depot or something to get some plexiglass/ lexan to replace the rear quarter windows.

I'm hoping, with all of the above installed, to be about 80-90 lbs lighter (60 lbs for rear quarters, 15-20 lbs for front suspension, 5-10 lbs for front sway bar).

I pulled out some ripped 45 y/o rear quarter interior panels and the chrome hockey sticks around my convertible and took them for restoring. Chrome will be back in a couple of weeks and the interior should be back Tuesday.