69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

IT LIVES, REBORN, after 4 yrs and countless dollars it moved out of the garage under its own power. Still have some bugs to work out but it feels great to cruise around again.

Beautiful! Is that gulfstream aqua an original color?

Edited by JayEstes

yes Factory color, but I think portions or the whole car was repainted some years ago. when I got it it was so dull and thin I rubbed out some of it down to the primer, but it looks good from 20 ft away, Plus wax the hell out of it. Ha Ha

Took delivery of my new leaf springs from Eaton Detroit. I got a broken leaf in the original equipment, so they're getting replaced this spring. Gonna try the Evapo-Rust treatment when I get them off to see if any of the original paint dabs are still there.

well today the heater core started leaking in my car and coolant got all over the pass side front. I bypassed the heater, while doing so, I discovered why the heater core leaks. the vacuum hose going to the heater control valve broke and did not allow the coolant to flow so the core popped open. yay me ! Arggh I remove the front carpet to let it dry out and the under lay as well. the pass floor is now dry! No I will not replace the heater cor for a third time. It's a pain in the ass. I don't drive the car in winter months anymore anyway. so no biggie

well today the heater core started leaking in my car and coolant got all over the pass side front. I bypassed the heater, while doing so, I discovered why the heater core leaks. the vacuum hose going to the heater control valve broke and did not allow the coolant to flow so the core popped open. yay me ! Arggh I remove the front carpet to let it dry out and the under lay as well. the pass floor is now dry! No I will not replace the heater cor for a third time. It's a pain in the ass. I don't drive the car in winter months anymore anyway. so no biggie

Join the club, I deleted mine as well fopr the same reasons. I didn't like the look of the small bypass hose under hood so I ran a full length tube into and back out the firewall instead so under hood looks factory. Since I don't have AC I pulled out the controls too and made a nice little storage cubby under the radio instead, comes in handy for cell phone, Ipod what have you.

got the spoiler and louvers drilled and fit

also finally uncovered the tape stripe mystery... white/gold/white, assumed that a silver jade with blk interior and blacked out hood would have the blk/red/blk.

Edited by 10yearsgone

Installed a fuel pressure regulator and solved (I hope) my stall at idle problem. Also moved the PCV and vacuum advance lines to the correct ports on the carb. Apparently the "shop" that installed this for the previous owner didn't read the manual. So much stuff done half assed on this car...

headers and Magnaflow exhaust came in! :D

Curious, what headers did you go with and will they mate directly to your Magnaflow exhaust system? Additionally, if you don't mind, please advise on the hook up of your Magnaflow system. I have this system as well, but noted before purchasing it that there were those who had fitting issue with it.

Thanks,

John