RobotMan

Rear Shock Angle

The rear shocks seem to be setting at an odd angle to the shock plate on the rear springs. They are angled such that the rubber bushings are pushing thru the holes and the upper washers are resting against the saddle plate. All is stock setup except 1" lowering block. I removed the shock plate thinking I could bend it. After removing realized I do not have the right equipment for that as it is very stiff with vertical flanges in that area. Any suggestions of how to correct this problem.

post-38321-0-26313900-1457632222.jpeg

post-38321-0-21450200-1457632309.jpeg

Thanks

Rick

the only way they could be on the wrong side is if it is a staggered shock car if both shocks are in front of the axle it is not possible to inter change them and make the shock line up.

Dave

edit   to be clear what I am saying is there is a valley on the bracket and if the brackets were clocked wrong this valley would not let the brackets set flush with the leaf spring.  Now is this his problem i don't know I can't tell from the picture but according to the u bolt threads it does appear he has had them off.

They look like they could be swapped L & R which I think could happen if they they are rotated 90*. That looks like that would put the tab for the shock at an odd angle. The hole pattern for the U-bolts looks close enough to being square that it would be possible.

The down facing lips should run side to side

install-LSK5-26.jpg

Never mind what I said after taking another look at the pictures I think you guys are right the valley on the bracket I mentioned is probably running parallel with the spring rather than perpendicular.  

Give us a picture of the back part of the bracket where it mates to the bottom of the leaf spring

Dave

They look like they could be swapped L & R which I think could happen if they they are rotated 90*. That looks like that would put the tab for the shock at an odd angle. The hole pattern for the U-bolts looks close enough to being square that it would be possible.

The down facing lips should run side to side

install-LSK5-26.jpg

+1, their simply installed wrong.

Thanks guys. Did not pick up on the fact they were amphibios!!! I have them installed opposite sides and rotated. Before some one chimes in I know it is ambidextrous, but that does not sound as funny when poking fun at your own mistakes.

Rick