Raven R code

Bottom door seal

They are in the assembly manual. I bought a set but are not going to use them as they will wear paint away after a while!

Won't be driving through cyclone weather anyway!

Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that the part is genuine, it did exist, but not all cars received them. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to which cars got it and which didn't. I followed the advice in the thread Buckeye Demon linked; mine had the holes so I installed the seal. I honestly don't recall if they were there originally.

My March NJ car had the seals, but there was only a couple of pieces still attached when I bought it in the early 80's so I took what was left off.

Bought the seals from CJ's when I first saw them being repo'ed but have not tried to install them yet.

Doug

My reproduction doors had the holes and the little gripper metal lips on each side where you insert the seal and bend the lips down to help hold it in place then put the screws in.

I used mine but since my windows need adjustment I still have wind noise LOL

My reproduction doors had the holes and the little gripper metal lips on each side where you insert the seal and bend the lips down to help hold it in place then put the screws in.

I used mine but since my windows need adjustment I still have wind noise LOL

this post doesn't make any sense to me unless I have mine totally screwed up. are you referring to the normal seal that goes around the entire door, not just the bottom? if so, why are you putting screws in the bottom for that seal? can you post a picture?

Buckeye, open the link in the original post. There is a flat strip that attaches to the bottom of the door. Separate pic from the rubber seal that goes all the way around door. Hard to see in the picture.   Dave R.

Buckeye, open the link in the original post. There is a flat strip that attaches to the bottom of the door. Separate pic from the rubber seal that goes all the way around door. Hard to see in the picture.   Dave R.

make that another post that doesn't make any sense to me.

that's what I thought it was about. what I don't understand is why Mikestang is talking about the metal gripper lips for inserting the seal with screws. hence why I quoted his post.

Yeah...not sure where it exactly mounts. Maybe he has a better idea and thats what he was referring too.

Yeah...not sure where it exactly mounts. Maybe he has a better idea and thats what he was referring too.

based on memory, I believe the holes for that extra seal are about 1" away from the required seal installed on all cars. I replicated the holes from my original doors into my new doors.

In addition, I don't believe there are any screws used for the door seal that goes in that channel on the bottom(talking only about the very bottom if that's what Mikestang was actually referring too).