first69

best repop interior quarter panel?

Hay Ridge Runner ,

Do you make the hockey stick pieces that fit under the quarter sails .

Yes i do ,the grain is very nice on these pieces . 

I just finished the molds for all of the 65 -68 interior parts  and the large panels were made from just about spotless originals for both types .

What i want to make is the sail panels in fiberglass with the correct grain .I think i will form aluminum panels to get the correct fit then glue the vinyl over the aluminum ,then make molds from that .they will have the correct grain and you will not have to worry about them curling up like the card board ones .

What i want to make is the sail panels in fiberglass with the correct grain .I think i will form aluminum panels to get the correct fit then glue the vinyl over the aluminum ,then make molds from that .they will have the correct grain and you will not have to worry about them curling up like the card board ones .

Sounds like a good project. The repro ones don't have the metal rings that hold the light in and the hook always comes away from the backing.

I have them but the panels are not perfect .They have a spot were the lower part of the rear seat rubbed a smooth spot ,but it is hidden by the seat bottom .One side has small spider cracks that transferred from the original i made the molds from but it is very light .They are fiberglass and fit well with correct type mounting and grain .If i could find a perfect set of originals i would make new molds ,but that is just about impossible and keep the correct grain.

I have the latch covers for the fold down as well and they are perfect and fit very well .The panels are a bit heavier than the factory panels and stronger .Shipping is the real problem ,the shape will not let them stack well so it takes a large box .attachicon.gif_MG_5013.JPGattachicon.gif_MG_5015.JPGattachicon.gif_MG_5019.JPG

This is the smooth spot from the seat bottom but it is hidden when the seat bottom is in place

attachicon.gif_MG_5018.JPG

I also have a fiberglass trap door ,the grain is perfect and it was made from a dent free door .It uses the stock mounting and hardware .

attachicon.gifIMG_0570.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0571.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0572.jpg

Those look great, do you also make the smaller rear set for the fastback?

id take a full set if you do.