Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

I owned that car about 12yrs a go found it in a barn all stripped for restoration never finished it as it was way too rusty.Sorry no pics.javed

Heh, heh ... my reaction to the first pic was "well, it's not that bad" ... but the more pictures I looked at, the worse it got! What's up with those side scoops??? I like the monster, drag-racing tach on the 6-cylinder automatic, too.

Geez, what an abomination. Someone obviously saw GISS and ran right out and ordered a bunch of fibergalss and then started to add it any way and every where possible. The grill does look kinda interesting that way though, I was always a little curious about what it might look like that way since the alternate 67' Shelby outboard design was obviously an inspiration to our 69's design. I think if somone created an actual 69' sty;e grill like that there would be a market for it.

Ack.. Now I do like an orange 69/70 but ... ack.

I would like the gauge pod though. Doesn't someone make just the pod without the gauges??

Yeah YEARONE sells the 6 gauge pods. Saw one this past weekend decked out in AutoMeter Phantoms. Asked him if he saved any money going that route and not just buy the JMI cluster. He told me if he had to do it again he would have saved time and effort and bought the JMI cluster. He figured he saved $200 max but took many hours to get it to work.

Heh, heh ... my reaction to the first pic was "well, it's not that bad" ... but the more pictures I looked at, the worse it got! What's up with those side scoops???

Man, I got a laugh in early today...Those scoops have "non-OEM" all over them. Most of the time, you put in a fake scoop in a place a real scoop would be doing something. Obviously, for drag reasons, he had to find scoops and turn them backwards so the scoop didn't collect air. The raucous, wtf angle is the sauce...

And he did a marvelous job of turning the beautiful 69 grill into some weird 70 meets 68 jobber with those oversized 'fog-lamps'...

Thanks, i actually chuckled at this one.

I saw that over the weekend Pak. The only thing more frightning than the pics of that hood is the price he has the nerve to ask. Could be worse,..at least he didnt attach 4' fiberglass aliens to the deck lid.

I saw that over the weekend Pak. The only thing more frightning than the pics of that hood is the price he has the nerve to ask. Could be worse,..at least he didnt attach 4' fiberglass aliens to the deck lid.

Here is my '69 GT fastback. It is a pretty loaded 351 M code car. Options include 4 speed, air, shaker, fold down seats, tach, and a few more. I'm looking for some good restoration advise if there is any out there!!!

Kris

Here is my '69 GT fastback. It is a pretty loaded 351 M code car. Options include 4 speed, air, shaker, fold down seats, tach, and a few more. I'm looking for some good restoration advise if there is any out there!!!

Kris

ROTFLMAO!!!!:biggrin:

Mom was right, there's a first time for everything. We've had lots of people post pics in the past of their personal car in the "Killer 69's" thread but never in the "Ugly" thread.

BTW, anyone getting deja vu from the car Max posted? I could swear this is the second time we've seen this one in this thread but it must have been a broken ebay link because I can't find it.