Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

hmmm. i thought that car looked familiar. a guy over one the vmf has one that used to look that. it's now completely different thank god. at first i thought it was the same car but after further examination it's not. that's just too damn weird for me though.

http://www.thehewitt.net/guru/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Car-Shows-and-our-Cars

Gee that's an awful lot of man hours and custom fabbing for something so hideous.

I can honestly say I have finally seen the first candidate I would actually recommend becomes an Eleanor. 8)

Pak.

wow that superbird-mustang is the worst i have like ever seen other than the mustang with a plow cause i mean thats crazy. But I bet that superbird one could float or atleast the nose would second as a vacuum. Cause that would make a cool vacuum.

yes but the paint is particulary "special"

it make advertise for someone whose job is to paint on building , you can see a phone number on the chin spoiler ( which seems to be a house made ... well done )

but the probleme is the paint ! all red with all this letters ...

true, but it's still fairly easily corrected. cars like the "superbird" car are really hard to fix the UGLY on. the guy that now owns that car is trying to restore it back original and so far has had to replace EVERY PIECE of sheetmetal on it. both quarters, both doors, both fenders, hood, trunk lid, taillight panel, front and rear valance panels, everything except the roof.

like the saying says, beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes stright to the bone.

While we're on the topic of grills, I just replaced mine and have a couple quick questions -

1. The plastic rivits used to attache the grill. I got them from MU. Do you tap the little post until it's flush with the plastic disk for total attachment?

2. I added a new Mustang "running horse" emblem. The old grill and emblem (I think they're original) had the horse attached 7 verticle spaces to the right from the center of the grill, so I put the new one in the same place. I've seen the emblem everywhere on the right side. Which is correct? Pakrat, you're looks like mine.

3. AGAIN, how do the inner headlight doors attach to the grill using the hole up top? I got new screws for the bottom slots, and have temporarily used small wire ties up top.

While we're on the topic of grills, I just replaced mine and have a couple quick questions -

1. The plastic rivits used to attache the grill. I got them from MU. Do you tap the little post until it's flush with the plastic disk for total attachment?

2. I added a new Mustang "running horse" emblem. The old grill and emblem (I think they're original) had the horse attached 7 verticle spaces to the right from the center of the grill, so I put the new one in the same place. I've seen the emblem everywhere on the right side. Which is correct? Pakrat, you're looks like mine.

3. AGAIN, how do the inner headlight doors attach to the grill using the hole up top? I got new screws for the bottom slots, and have temporarily used small wire ties up top.

Yoiks Cam, odd spot for an off topic question, I all but missed it completely. Anyway, I know what you mean, I have seen it all over the place myself on a variety of cars, even show cars. Even in some Ford official adds I have seen it wrong. The assembly manual however says that it is 3 full sections to the left of the headlight bucket, 3 1/2 if you count the half of one that the bucket overlaps in other words.

Oh, as for the other ???'s, 1) Yes and 3) they attach the same as most of the hardware on these cars do. A thin metal U shaped clip nut slides over the tab and has a threaded hole that lines up with the hole in the tab. You then use a sheetmetal screw to secure it.

oh man looks like someone got hit on the way to the show.

The caption said exactly that & that he ended up get the diehard award or something for pressing ahead coming to the show anyways.

But man would that SUCK!