Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

I don't have a real plan for it. I was asked if I wanted to buy it by the PO. I got it for cheap and it's not even on the back burner yet. I thought to put a motor in it and drive it like it is. I have the hood, wheels, trans. etc. The only thing missing is the original motor. My big block tri power motor sitting on the stand would work.

It's a 70 GT500 R code 428 SCJ with the drag pack and 4.30 rear gear. Yep, it was in a small fire. Poor thing, it's only 18K on it. Been parked a long, long time. Bet it was fun to drive.

Wow ... Now that's a fire job. Dang

My ultimate plan is to get a finished clone and swap the parts over to the Shelby. I'm sure it'll be cheaper that way in the long run and take a lot less time.

It was owned by a NASCAR team member back in the 70's. They would take it to the drag strip on weekends to play. It has some very interesting mods done to it. It's bee sitting for over 20 years. I'm glad it didn't get stripped, 20 years is a long time for a Shelby to sit unmolested.

Wow ... Now that's a fire job. Dang

My ultimate plan is to get a finished clone and swap the parts over to the Shelby. I'm sure it'll be cheaper that way in the long run and take a lot less time.

It was owned by a NASCAR team member back in the 70's. They would take it to the drag strip on weekends to play. It has some very interesting mods done to it. It's bee sitting for over 20 years. I'm glad it didn't get stripped, 20 years is a long time for a Shelby to sit unmolested.

hmmm, what kind of interesting mods have been done John? inquiring minds want to know....

Bryan

DING DING DING, suddenly a new contender enters the ring! Just plain WOW! Someone fancied their hotwheels collection from the 70's. You can barely tell there is a Mustang under there. He must at least have something wicked under the hood with those rear tires.

I had to google the file name for that car to see if I could find more pics of it and sadly I couldn't but I did find the site it came from. OMG!!!!!! I can only guess that the owners of all these cars are the same folks featured in the people of walmart. Yikes!

http://www.youdrivewhat.com

nice slime. hey, what the heck is the hole in the rear pass quarter? was there a CB antenna mounted there or something?? lol

!BmqHv2!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKiYEtln4Og!7BLgZMELr8w~~_3.JPG

Man I have no idea:001_huh:. I missed that. Yeah, I would say a whip antenna. I was so upset over the bra, yeller fog lights, lop-sided shaker and the holes in the chin spoiler that I didn't check out much more on this fine ride just yet.

I'm headin over to the site that has that awesome 4X4 73 and hotwheels looking thing for now.

Putting holes in the front spoiler kinda negates the purpose of deflecting the air. All in all not a bad car really. The bad things are easily fixed, toss the bra in the garbage, looks like it comes with a couple of qtrs, remove the frt spoiler or fill the holes if its fglass. Toss the fog lights or at least remount them so they serve a functional purpose other than lighting the tree tops.

That ole girl has been passed around and abused boy & how. I can almost hear her writhing in agony. I sure hope who ever paid the $5555 puts a smile on her face again.

That ole girl has been passed around and abused boy & how. I can almost hear her writhing in agony. I sure hope who ever paid the $5555 puts a smile on her face again.