Shep69

69 Hood Moulding

I have to get a new hood moulding for my 69. I know Daniel Carpenter sells a Ford tooling one but it will end up costing about $250 Australian by the time I pay for shipping and currency exchange. Is there a cheaper option that works well or are all the repco ones rubbish. Anyone used a Dynacorn stainless moulding?

Thanks Mark.

Whats wrong with you original molding? I had all my 70 moldings refurbished, all dent, road rash and scratches were taken out and the correct finish put on. Better than any repop.

It's not an original and has got some damage so time for a new one.

I have to get a new hood moulding for my 69. I know Daniel Carpenter sells a Ford tooling one but it will end up costing about $250 Australian by the time I pay for shipping and currency exchange. Is there a cheaper option that works well or are all the repco ones rubbish. Anyone used a Dynacorn stainless moulding?

Thanks Mark.

So your saying the local ones are rubbish, such as this one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mustang-70-Hood-Bonnet-Moulding-/282184602268?hash=item41b383529c:m:m8NAJLt09v1-bGUT_pN98rg

So your saying the local ones are rubbish, such as this one?

I rang these guys the other day and they didn't even know what they had as I told them 69 and 70s are different. They got back to me and said they were for a 70 and then changed there add on eBay to reflect this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mustang-70-Hood-Bonnet-Moulding-/282184602268?hash=item41b383529c:m:m8NAJLt09v1-bGUT_pN98rg

It is my understanding that the 70 is a two piece ?

Yes Brian the 70s had a backing piece and the ends are pressed to reflect the 70 light bucket mould piece. So the 69 and 70 trim pieces are different.