Ridge Runner

Lets Make A Fiberglass Hood .

Ok guys, we have a problem with this shipping company ..any way i do .I just got a call from the dispatcher claiming the hood and box weighed 116 pounds instead of the 54 pounds i weighed it at  ,4 TIMES ,and they want $39 more .AINT GONA HAPPEN ,they must think i just fell offn the turnip truck . I just boxed up another one with almost the same dimensions and the only difference is there is a Mach 1 scoop in the box also and it only weighs 67 pounds .

I am going to have the new one certified weighed tomorrow .i weighed a metal 69 hood and it weighed just over 50 pounds so the box with the fiberglass hood must have been made of lead .

Funny ,116 pounds is double the real weight and they only want $39 more ,i smell a scam !!

Yeah Ridge, there is no way it weighed 116lbs, Like I said my back is hurt and I picked the hood up in the box by myself easily.

Southwest Freight lines delivered my hood NOT the guys you dropped it off to initially, so they are just out sourcing it and I bet Southwest price was more than they charged you so now they are trying to get their money back so they don't just break even.

Besides why would you quote someone a price and then ship the item and then go OH BTW the package was heavier than we thought so now pay us more money.

That's just stupid.

But if it comes to it I don't mind paying ya the additional 39 bucks lol

The shipping company has decided to drop the over weight charges ,quite gracious of them since the weight charges are false in the first place .I asked ,how they could be so far off as to double the actual weight of the box ?The reply was "it is possible the dock worker had a pallet left on the scales and didn't notice it ,But ...they can neither confirm nor deny this so they decided to drop the extra charge" .HAHAHAHA, Good one ,HAHAHA.

Must have been a heavy pallet HAHA.

The audacity of some people amazes me.

When I tell someone a price that's it even if I stand to loose money, I honor my word...I would be too damn embarrassed to go back and tell someone they owed me more money

Ridge, I have my shipping receipt at home and it shows the original shipping weight of like 53 lbs then is says Re-weigh 116lbs.... looks like when they handed it off to Southwestern Freight, those guys did a Re-Weigh and came up with the 116lb number.

When we pulled the hood out of the back of the 18 wheeler trailer it was the Last thing in there so I don't know if it was packaged with something else or not.

Oh well at least you don't have to pay anymore.

What strikes me as funny is, if the weight doubled why did they only want $39 more ? I would think the shipping would have been a lot more .Anyway ,i am looking for a new ...new shipping company, One that the dock worker will keep his big old size 16 s off the scale when he weighs something .

i am looking for a new ...new shipping company,

Well UPS from a UPS store [not a UPS terminal] in Orange County Calif to zip code 78201 in San Antonio Texas for 62†x 54†x 8â€, 60 lbs with $1,000.00 insurance is $185.00 with 4 day delivery . . There is no additional fuel surcharge and they said there is no such thing as an additional fuel charge . . all fuel charges are included in the price that appears on their screen so as i said before, something sounds fishy with your particular ups store.

It's only $86.00 with Greyhound to the nearest terminal with their maximum of $300.00 insurance and only 1 day and 4 hour delivery time . . They will also deliver to the residence for a little more.

Looks like Rod has this one figured out . i am going to talk with Con Way again and see if i can get set up with them .if not i will check into UPS again and if not them Greyhound . thanks for the help Guys .

for smaller packages you can start a fed ex account . . they are free and i think it is around 40% off retail . . united postal service also has 1 price to anywhere in the us rates that are really cheap.

OHHHHHH CRAP!!! Got two bills from Oak Harbor ,even though the box was paid at pick up .Talked with them just a minuet ago and they still cant explain the big one ...over $238  .Lady on the phone says to disregard the invoice ....Any one want to take any bets i haven't heard  the last of them ?

Dammit Ridge you are kicking hoods out this fast ?

Man thought I was gonna be the ONLY guy with one for a while HAHA...

Well Rod Welcome to the Club.... Isn't there a 200 dollar up charge for hoods going to Louisiana from now on ? "That should ensure I'm the only one around here with one" Ha-Ha.

I think you gotta find another shipping company hehe

I still have the original hood and i am pretty sure it will go on my CJ .I was going to look for a shaker to put back on it but i can't even find a 428 that isn't junk so i figure i may as well make it look the way i want to .I have a 390 that i can stroke ,and i have the big block top loader, and with this hood i will still have a ram air ,just a different look .I even have the under hood ram air air cleaner with the flapper plate .I bet Calypso Coral would look great with this hood .