Ridge Runner

Lets Make A Fiberglass Hood .

Hey ,it is one piece ...thats 4 for 4 ,shipped with out damage . That box was probably a little easier to open ...I ran out of glue !

Don't worry though ,i will buy another case ,that should do at least 2 boxes .HAHA!

You will probably need to dolly down the mounting holes in the hood ,they tend to be mushroomed up from tightening the original scoops .

Did you find any bees in the box?

Hey i found out i can sell those bees . Had a rogue hive still here and sold them for a couple of dollars to a local bee keeper .

he said next year he will drop off some empty hives and we will just let them fill up .I told him he can have all he can catch.

Good news! My hood didn't gain any weight during its trip to Texas. Just got the final invoice:

Invoice received from Con-way Freight

uShip has received the final carrier invoice for the shipment by Con-way Freight.

Original Quote Amount $162.02

Invoice Amount $162.25

Balance Due $0.00

was on lunch and I had time to go back home to see my package arrived, overall looks great, very sturdy! lol Thanks again ridge!

D3FE4CC9-7880-4A12-B8CD-49E51C74017B_zps

EB9544BF-BB4E-4A62-827C-BC8A68E597C2_zps

B1CD0258-0F0C-43D6-92F8-64F16DABFDB2_zps

I also have the hood scoop for a 68 Cougar GTE .It is made from an original with the correct mounting nuts .The first two i sold on Ebay got caught up in a bidding war .The first one went for $400 ,i couldn't believe it .The second one went for $418 then someone else started making them and they dropped down to $125 so that is what i started selling them for .002_zpsxqdyfddp.jpg

003_zpsjuc4ye5t.jpg

How much do you get for those Mach I hood scoops.

BTW. I just bought another 69 coupe that the back sheetmetal is better than the last one I spoke of. This one would be a better one for making a pattern for the shelby de Mexico sail panels

Bob

$150 for the scoop ,the lights and grill are not included .I still have to find more mounting studs .I think i can get them through Mustangs U.

The straighter the better to make the back end pieces . It would be nice to make the sail panels from sheet metal so they could be welded on instead of bonding them on .

If,you first made the form from foam or fiberglass, you could then use those to make a forming die that you could use a press to give the sheetmetal shape. You would have to make each side from two pieces an inside and an outside and then weld them along the ridge

Bob

Well, I finally got up the nerve to drill holes in my brand new hood for the scoop. Turned out well, I think!

0832E69E-8E4A-4D8D-8039-1BEA6EA9ED2F_zps

LOOK INSIDE THE SCOOP WHILE IT IS SETTING ON THE HOOD ,IF THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN THE WASHER ON THE STUD AND THE HOOD YOU MAY NEED TO PUT A WASHER BETWEEN THE STUD AND THE HOOD TO FILL THE GAP OR THE STUDS MAY PULL OUT OF THE SCOOP WHEN YOU TIGHTEN IT DOWN .THE FIBERGLASS WILL NOT GIVE LIKE A STEEL HOOD DOES .  LOOKS GOOD BY THE WAY ,NOW GET IT PAINTED !

Good idea, Ridge!

Now, here's a question my son asked. "What happens when it rains with those open vents?" I hadn't thought about how wet the engine compartment might get if it's sitting in the rain, especially through the rear vents. Should we be concerned about that?

I laid up another hood this Morning ,80 * by 10 oclock . By eleven it was over 100* in my shop ,that was with the fans on .

Fiberglass dries really fast in that heat .I did the top first ,and i barely got the under bracing  laid up and it was hard as a rock .

Drying time is ... It's wet ,no its hard ...that fast . LOL ! You have to be fast or you will wind up with a brush stuck in the resin bucket .Or sticking to the bottom of the hood .

Boxes are finally on their way .I ordered them the 29th of may and nothing . I called the box company and told them , SEND THE BOXES OR SEND MY MONEY BACK!!  Strange thing ,they just happened to be shipped that morning .That was Friday and they are still sitting at the trucking company in Fontana . At least the tracking shows they are some where other than the box company .Why is it so hard for me to get something When i order it . I waited 11 months for a new 1935 ford truck bed i ordered ,and i ordered a

3 x 2V  intake for a 289 and never got it ,i barely got my money back . I never seem to get things i order in under a month at the least .Starting to get pi$$ed.