Ridge Runner

Lets Make A Fiberglass Hood .

This one uses the factory studs to mount ,i have to find a supplier for the studs .I know they are still made .i have a bolt store close by ,i need to check with them.They are like a wood screw on the scoop side and a 1/4 inch bolt on the hood side with a made on washer between .When they are tightened the washer acts as a stop against the hood .

http://www.antmotorsports.com/1969-Mustang-Fairlane-Hood-Scoop-Mounting-Kit-AM1077.htm?categoryId=3

I'm thinking of replacing my Short Boss scoop. I may be looking you up soon.

Just PM me when you are ready .

Threw my back out Friday so i will be out of action for a few days .

Sorry to hear that. I'm in no hurry. Just thinking of replacing mine since it has a small crack on the side and it'd probably be better to replace than repair.

Sorry to hear that. I'm in no hurry. Just thinking of replacing mine since it has a small crack on the side and it'd probably be better to replace than repair.

I was not sure if you were thinking of replacing your scoop or your back.  When you read the context of the message, it seemed like you were thinking of replacing your back because of a crack in the side.  You appendix will do that.  Better to replace than repair, the appendix surgery is not that good!

I was not sure if you were thinking of replacing your scoop or your back.  When you read the context of the message, it seemed like you were thinking of replacing your back because of a crack in the side.  You appendix will do that.  Better to replace than repair, the appendix surgery is not that good!

LOL! Definitely talking about the scoop.

Well Ladies and gents, since I got the first hood Ridge built I suppose I should have the first painted unit as well haha.

Still gotta get the screens for the vent holes and have my front windshield replaced before I put the hood on but its painted and ready.

Paint color doesn't show well when its not in the sun but you get the idea

post-13203-0-84068100-1443449465.jpg

post-13203-0-34232200-1443449492.jpg

Some Old Fart from California built it in his back yard using Crazy glue and a can of cheap bondo and fiberglass Ridge.

Cant recall what his name is but he did a pretty fair job with such limited knowledge of fiberglass and cheap products I think.

HA-HA..

Cant wait for Oct 8th when we head to cruising the coast.... I wanna see what some of these GT500 owners down there think of the hood since everyone KNOWS you gotta swap the whole front clip to use the GT500 hood hehe.

Anyhow, heres the car with new rims and the 65-66 Rear end with the old Hood...

Some Old Fart from California built it in his back yard using Crazy glue and a can of cheap bondo and fiberglass Ridge.

Cant recall what his name is but he did a pretty fair job with such limited knowledge of fiberglass and cheap products I think.

HA-HA..nce 

HEHEHE  That's crazy old fart to you sir :)

This is what i wound up with for screens .They say they are cut for size but they are actually quite a bit to big so i had to trim them down .I am planning on using the glue for gluing in windshields but i would say epoxy would be good also . they come as flat screens and have to be bent to shape . I made a poster paper pattern and transferred that to the screens .that worked out great because you can get the bend correct in the poster paper first and not have to fight with the screens ,or screw them up trying to fit them .I lost the paper pattern i made for  these .I made them quite a while ago for my Shelby replica ,they are the same .

post-42284-0-25380100-1443478053.jpg

post-42284-0-96414100-1443478168.jpg

Not a great picture and I don't have the front hood molding on "My best friend bent it pushing my car back some because I was too lazy to start it LOL"  and my Plasti-Dip stripe isn't perfect "May Remove it before Cruising the coast, but here it is installed and fitted....Oh I don't have the valance under the wipers on either because I took it to the glass shop for a new windshield

Not a great picture and I don't have the front hood molding on "My best friend bent it pushing my car back some because I was too lazy to start it LOL"  and my Plasti-Dip stripe isn't perfect "May Remove it before Cruising the coast, but here it is installed and fitted....Oh I don't have the valance under the wipers on either because I took it to the glass shop for a new windshield

post-13203-0-06687200-1443727656.jpg