Ridge Runner

Lets Make A Fiberglass Hood .

Thing is with a tale like this one, I cant tell anyone because they would call me a liar.

"Feller is making a copy of a Shelby hood to fit a conventional fender line, nearly finished and then a swarm of bees invades. Neighbor wont move them and this feller cant get to his shop because of the bees......"

See what I mean.?

I wonder if NPD has issues like this.

Ridge, are you sure you just didn't take a week off to go to Vegas, and had us all on the hook waiting for the hoods?

Ok , driving by the Ford garage i spotted a large box big enough for a hood .I stopped and they gave it to me ,he had just torn up two more .He said they get a lot of hood boxes and he would save them for me so we have boxes .

I talked to the guy that delivered my fiberglass materials and they will ship for me .

Believe it or not the box is a mopar box for a Rumble Bee truck,only fitting don't you think LOL.

Also each and every one of yous is gona get a box of bees ,shaken up and sent freight collect... hahaha.

HAHA....I fully expect all Mopar Markings be removed from my shipping box.

I don't want to be the laughing stock of the neighborhood for receiving what some one might mistake as a DODGE part.... Man just being in the same box as a dodge part might actually make the hood defective and prone to falling apart HAHA.

I was wondering where you would locate boxes large enough to ship something like this hehe... I'm just wondering how much its going to cost to ship one to me :) Oh well the cost will be worth it to have the only one in Louisiana for a time :)

I will have to make one ,box it ,then weigh it .I don't have a clue what shipping will be ,i think they go by weight and size of the package .I plan on using the foam that covers water pipe ,it is split down the side and will slip over the edges of the hood to protect it when shipped .Those truckers can be pretty rough with packages .

I finished sanding the bottom of the hood and primed the the under brace .I will wet sand it next and wax it and it will be ready to make the under brace mold .It will probably be Tuesday .It should be ready to use the end  of the week . Now i have to buy more materials ,the under brace mold will take all i have left .These molds will cost me around $3,000 by the time i am done ,but i have the long hood and the short hood now .

I need to find a 69 coupe body to make the trunk lid and end caps ,and i want to make the sail panels as well . I saw one on Craigs list in Bakers field ,looked rough though .All it needs is the quarters good at the ends and a good trunk opening to fit the trunk lid .

I will have to make one ,box it ,then weigh it .I don't have a clue what shipping will be ,i think they go by weight and size of the package .I plan on using the foam that covers water pipe ,it is split down the side and will slip over the edges of the hood to protect it when shipped .Those truckers can be pretty rough with packages .

I finished sanding the bottom of the hood and primed the the under brace .I will wet sand it next and wax it and it will be ready to make the under brace mold .It will probably be Tuesday .It should be ready to use the end  of the week . Now i have to buy more materials ,the under brace mold will take all i have left .These molds will cost me around $3,000 by the time i am done ,but i have the long hood and the short hood now .

I need to find a 69 coupe body to make the trunk lid and end caps ,and i want to make the sail panels as well . I saw one on Craigs list in Bakers field ,looked rough though .All it needs is the quarters good at the ends and a good trunk opening to fit the trunk lid .

That rough coupe on bakerfield may be the one that I just bought. They were asking $350 for it right?

I need the front clip and the floor pan to fix a 69 fastback for a friend. So perhaps we can work a deal for the trunk section that you are needing

Bob

That rough coupe on bakerfield may be the one that I just bought. They were asking $350 for it right?

I need the front clip and the floor pan to fix a 69 fastback for a friend. So perhaps we can work a deal for the trunk section that you are needing

Bob

Could be ,i think it was priced somewhere around there . How is the end of the quarters where the end caps bolt ? is the top of the rear quarters and the back of the roof line good enough to make the sail panels ?  I have a Shelby trunk lid already ,i would have to get the end caps and then modify it all to look like the Mexican Shelby pieces .

Charge batteries? I just toss them out and put new ones in haha....

So making the Mold for the under brace and then you will be ready to start main line production huh?

What kind of production plans do you have? you going to just make 1 of each piece then mold it together and make a whole hood, or will you be kicking out 304 sets of pieces then spending a day putting them all together?

I will be doing one at a time so i may be able to make two a week ,possibly three ,it all depends on how much work i have going on at the time .If ...it looks like they are going over good i will make another set of molds .It is just me doing the work so i will not be able to put out a lot all at once .

This is my first time viewing this thread.  I'm not a Shelby fan, but that is a nice hood!!!  Hopefully another hood option in the making for 69 and 70 Mustangs!  If your business skills are as good as your fabrication skills you can make some money with this.  If your business skills are like mine . . . you'll just be working long hours at something you like to do.