Sign in to follow this  
RPM

Corvex Hood Trim?

A poster on another forum claims that the Corvex brand hood trim from Mustangs Unlimited is a perfect fit. My experience in searching for a nice hood trim on several forums and talking with NPD is that an acceptable repop hood trim does not exist. Does a anyone have any knowledge of the Corvex piece? I sure hope the trim is as nice as he claims.

Bob

I have heard the same responses that an after market just doesn't fit. I will be curious on the replies. I contacted Daniel Carpenter awhile back and they did inform me they would be tooling up to make a Ford licensed hood lip molding in the future but didn't have a specific date when they would be available.

I have no idea what brand I have as it was out of the package when I got it but it fits fine. I got it from mustang1 in sapulpa, ok. I got it about 3 yrs ago so they may have changed suppliers by now but who knows. I had it on my hood until I tore my car down to redo it and the fit was nice. Its just on a shelf for now until I get to the reassembly stage. You may give them a call and see what brand they have.

i had ordered two corvex hood moldings for a 69 and a dynacorn (didn't have a corvex plastic wrapper).

all of them had the same poor overall shape. bending into shape would have heavily distorted the area at the hood peak and looked bad.

the one corvex piece did have really nice sharp bends where the retainer clips sit. the other two pieces were horrible.

The ones we get from Dynacorn "Corvex" are hit and miss.

there was a black modded 69 at the columbus swap meet last fall that appeared to be done by MTF. i specifically looked at the hood molding on that car and its mate to the hood. was that a repop?

Haven't got this far with my car yet but will have to use repop or find good used ones if possible because these pieces didn't come with my car. So I don't know any answers either. You know all these suppliers are getting complaints yet still consistently keep making them wrong. Do you think there using the repop hood as a pattern to make them and the contour is different than the OEM hood.

Dave

there was a black modded 69 at the columbus swap meet last fall that appeared to be done by MTF. i specifically looked at the hood molding on that car and its mate to the hood. was that a repop?

Yes it was. Since we were painting it we were able to tweak it to fit. The one we installed on the Boss 429 fit like a glove.