Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

Thanks you all. I really appreciate this community of fellow 69ers... Quite a unique bunch right here! ;-)

Tomorrow should be a glorious day: body parts will be delivered from NPD around mid-morning. Then the serious stuff will start. Woohoo!

While waiting for the delivery truck, I'll keep working on small improvements all around the car:

- tidy up under the hood by adjusting new spark plug wires length (finally got the crimping tool and brackets for this).

- put AN-6 fittings on my 3/8 fuel line, where braided hose runs through the torque box. A very sweet little upgrade.

G

image_zpsrzgwks6a.jpg

Frame shop is Baughn Alignment in Pensacola. I went there because locally, they have a guy (Rick) with an outstanding reputation when it comes to pull classics. And he deserves it!

For the body work, I'm back with the guy who did the restoration (The Hot Rod Shop LLC in Gulf Breeze). We're friends now, so he lets me help and teaches me metal work as we go. Pretty cool.

G

Spark plug wires trim: I was able to get one side done when the delivery truck rang the bell. I am going to get a spacer for the air cleaner, as it interferes some with the distributor cap.

image_zpspgabia6w.jpg

We started on the driver side rear frame rail. Measuring before, during, after, to make sure nothing moves. More to follow during the next couple days.

image_zpskerktk84.jpg

image_zps2pf1xnrg.jpg

image_zpsa8zqnfli.jpg

Yeah, this is looking really nice and helps me cope with the insurance nonsense...

The latest BS from USAA is their answer to the appraisal company who re-appraised the car at 45k:

"We are in receipt of your appraisal, however [Mr G69] is not insured with USAA, therefore, does not have a policy/contract with USAA in which to invoke an appraisal clause."

What the heck are they talking about? Of course I am not insured with USAA. The guy who hit me is, and he also happens to have acknowledged to be 100% responsible. Which is why USAA is supposed to handle his mess.

I think you guys have a word for this... Ludicrous?

Lol

Yeah, this is looking really nice and helps me cope with the insurance nonsense...

The latest BS from USAA is their answer to the appraisal company who re-appraised the car at 45k:

"We are in receipt of your appraisal, however [Mr G69] is not insured with USAA, therefore, does not have a policy/contract with USAA in which to invoke an appraisal clause."

What the heck are they talking about? Of course I am not insured with USAA. The guy who hit me is, and he also happens to have acknowledged to be 100% responsible. Which is why USAA is supposed to handle his mess.

Lol

Nah.  From where I come from, the word is BULLSHIT............but ludicrous works I suppose.

Lol

From my old infantry days, we would classify this as a Charlie Foxtrot....

You see insurance companies !!  This is what the hobby means to us .It is more than a hobby ...It's What brings us great pleasure and a sense of accomplishment ...It is not about money .   Well done  .

Very well said!

This thread needs to be a sticky!

I just thru the entire thread, what a wealth of information! I started following this thread when the shell was waiting in line to be blasted, but I never read the prior posts. I think the only areas not covered are top loader and 9 inch rebuild. Great pics and text. Even the $hitty ending has valuable info.

Seeing that both you and my Mom's Mother were born in Paris, it for all intents and purposes makes us brothers. Eh, maybe not :)

And last but not least, new trunk cross member welded in. That makes the whole rear strong again. It's square and measurements are spot on. We are through with the trunk floor. Now on to the Qpanel extensions and tail light panel.

image_zps94sffyxa.jpg

image_zpsixspcval.jpg

image_zps5xdkb4qe.jpg

image_zps0mmixfdl.jpg

Yeah, I took the week off so that I could be in the shop every single day. We started last Saturday. Tomorrow, back to work, so things will go a little slower.

I have exactly 8 weeks left before car gets in the container. So I have to keep things moving.

You might want to consider removing the dynamat insulation prior to welding in that area; I suspect it may be reasonably flammable.

I'm glad, though, that you're fixing the car.  Is this at the shop we went to when we adjusted your NSS?