Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

coupe wheels pics?

I have a coupe with a set of big and medium weld pro stars. They look good but I want some wider wheels all the way around with a staggered set up. I am running a MII suspension up front and a disk brake 8.8 from a 95 gt so I have to take some measurements.

So I am looking to see what you guys are running. I found a cool link for fox bodys

http://forums.corral.net/forums/wheels-tires/680644-coupe-wheel-pics-60.html

94-98 GT4 18x9 front and rear 275/35/18 Nitto 555's all 4 corners ... rear disc brakes to be installed soon as well as some spacers for the rear to even out the track width with the front... no spacers and original drums in the rear with these pics.. with vintage venom GT500 brakes on front. car has settled a good bit since these pics..

i agree

@fordguy69, i like the gray color :punk: :thumbup:

but the blue accents look weird :confused1:

It's my new "hipster" paint scheme.

As soon as I can accrue the funds it will be all blue though!

Paint jobs are insanely expensive these days.

I've got an @fordguy69 as well, curious how much more room you think you might have with that 5.5bs on the rear?

I originally planned to play it safe with the custom 9.5" wheels I want as well but I know some folks have fit 6" bs which is ideal to give the same amount of dish as the 8" 4.5bs I would be using on the front. I'm nervous about it though no matter how many times I measure and I'd like to play it in the middle with 5.75bs I think.

I've got an @fordguy69 as well, curious how much more room you think you might have with that 5.5bs on the rear?

I originally planned to play it safe with the custom 9.5" wheels I want as well but I know some folks have fit 6" bs which is ideal to give the same amount of dish as the 8" 4.5bs I would be using on the front. I'm nervous about it though no matter how many times I measure and I'd like to play it in the middle with 5.75bs I think.

Pak, I have roughly 5/8"-3/4" between the tire and the front part of the inner wheel tub that is typically the closest point and I did not bang them in at all. The outer lip would probably need to be rolled just a little if I wanted to lower the car more, but with my exhaust and oil pan, I really don't want to go any lower. 10" wide wheels would definitely need the lip rolled some.

If I were going to do custom wheels, I would also go with the 5.75bs. However I wanted to do a cheaper off the shelf wheel and went with the 5.

5bs and it worked out well. 6.0bs would cause some problems with leaf springs and the inherent lateral movement. If you had a good four link or panhard/watts setup, it would probably be OK. Of course there is always the BFH to the wheel tub, but I spent too much time fixing banged up and rusty sheetmetal and don't want to bang up the new stuff.

I also used a fairly tall tire at 26.7", if you used a smaller diameter tire it would increase the clearance at the wheel tub some, but I wanted the taller sidewall.

I also live on a dirt road so I had to build in a little 4wd clearance!

Edited by fordguy69
added info

Pak, I have roughly 5/8"-3/4" between the tire and the front part of the inner wheel tub that is typically the closest point and I did not bang them in at all. The outer lip would probably need to be rolled just a little if I wanted to lower the car more, but with my exhaust and oil pan, I really don't want to go any lower. 10" wide wheels would definitely need the lip rolled some.

If I were going to do custom wheels, I would also go with the 5.75bs. However I wanted to do a cheaper off the shelf wheel and went with the 5.

5bs and it worked out well. 6.0bs would cause some problems with leaf springs and the inherent lateral movement. If you had a good four link or panhard/watts setup, it would probably be OK. Of course there is always the BFH to the wheel tub, but I spent too much time fixing banged up and rusty sheetmetal and don't want to bang up the new stuff.

I also used a fairly tall tire at 26.7", if you used a smaller diameter tire it would increase the clearance at the wheel tub some, but I wanted the taller sidewall.

I also live on a dirt road so I had to build in a little 4wd clearance!

Good info, thanks. I'm going with a 17" wheel but still 275/40 outback so that should give me that little extra, I don't plan on anything super low by any means but a little lower than stock would be nice for my needs.

Trav 450R- What backspace and tire size is on the rear.

275/60/15 10"wide with 6" backspace. Ill prob be going down to a 26" tall soon and put the 2" block back in to get the stance I want

Edited by Trav_450R

man, those shelby duck tails got me thinkin' lol

IMO they look awesome from the front, but when I look at one from the back, I'm like holy shit thats a tall lip! idk what it is it looks weird to me. I'd like to graft in a FB decklid lip and corners