Sign in to follow this  
PxDnNinja

New to the forums, but just bought this today:D

I'm pretty new to the classic car stuff, just always wanted to learn to fix them up so and when I found this I figured why not.

I know the original owner does restorations for a living but this was his daily driver, so it runs great, but needs some work on the inside.

He put a new 351Windsor motor in not too long ago, and a custom exhaust, headers, and a couple other small things. It's automatic, but I plan on swapping it to a manual in a few years. Got some good power to it as well. :)

Obviously I'll be on here a lot asking questions and learning how to do different things. :)

Yeah, is a small time dealer. The owner is friends with a guy who does classic restores and this was his daily driver. Spotted it on the lot and picked it up. Cleaning it up this weekend and can get more pics.

I'll post more pics here this weekend. :)

Wow! Getting one that's already road worthy should make for some instant gratification. Congratulations! Regardless of how "reliable" it is, with a 40 plus year old car you WILL get the chance to learn how to fix things!

Good luck and have fun!

This weekend I want to give a basic oil change service to it. I don't know when it's last oil change was so figure even if it turns out to be unneeded I will at least know exactly when it was done and with what.

That being said, on these older engines, is there any special oil I should look at using? My other vehicles I have always had done at oil centers.

I'm loving it the more I drive it. Building a list of stuff I need to fix already.

Parking break is busted.

Oil Pressure gauge doesn't work.

Speedo sticks under 20.

Dashboard top needs to be replaced.

Slight rust in the trunkbed.

And the best part is I'm looking forward to fixing all that, not sickened at the thought. :)

Since your car is already a driver one word of advice, don't take it off the road and do a total restoration unless you suddenly find it is unsafe or has major hidden rot becasue in all likely hood it will stay apart for a long time if you do. A full resto is fun and all but not as fun as using the car so keep it usable and do small projects at a time that you can tackle in 1-3 weekends time if at all possible. More new comers to the hobby fall into this pit and get frustrated and eventually sell for a loss than don't.

Welcome to the forums BTW!

They Pakrat, I don't plan on taking it apart at all. I'm very dedicated when it comes to projects like this, so until I am ready to complete a job I don't start one (IE: I won't take it apart unless it is goign right back together).

Latoracing, not sure what shops are around here. Haven't looked up much for restoration shops. I've only lived here a year, and had the car a couple of weeks :)