Jump to content
Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Recommended Posts

I have not posted any progress in a while my wife & I have been dealing with some health issues (nothing serious). Over this past weekend I cleaned all of the bolt in window brackets & replaced all of the plastic bushings with new ones. 

Here they are all cleaned up & ready to install.

 

100_1444.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Mike65 said:

I have not posted any progress in a while my wife & I have been dealing with some health issues (nothing serious). Over this past weekend I cleaned all of the bolt in window brackets & replaced all of the plastic bushings with new ones. 

Here they are all cleaned up & ready to install.

59854-10-1-18-cleaned-replaced-plastic-b

My eventual goal is to upgrade to bolt in glass. How/where did you find all the parts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Johns Summer of 69 said:

My eventual goal is to upgrade to bolt in glass. How/where did you find all the parts? 

I purchased the brackets, & the glass used from a member on VMF 10-15 years ago. I purchased used window runs, & new repo window regulators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, Vicfreg said:

Hey Mike.  I knew a while back you had your engine at the builder, is it done...?   Hope all is ok in NJ, rough last month here in NC, rain, rain, rain....

Vic

Vic, all is ok here in NJ, we have been getting a lot of rain each weekend through the summer. I spoke with the re-builder a few days ago & he said I should have it back in a couple weeks, we had a setback with the engine & some health issues (my wife & I, nothing to serious) that have slowed the Mustang work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the holidays are over I got back to working on the Mustang again. Yesterday was a mild 50° & sunny so I rolled the Mustang out of the garage & started welding up the 3 rust holes I found in the l/s windshield post when I removed the front windshield & all the goop that was sealing it. I got 2 of them done when I ran out of welding wire. 

100_1491_zpsaiif09xs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some good news today, I got a call from my engine re builder & he says the engine is finished. He has an appointment next Wednesday with the dnyo to have it run to check for leaks, check oil pressure, & get me HP output. Maybe I might have it back by next Friday. (fingers crossed). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was a nice day so I rolled the engine out of the garage & installed the valve covers & the headers. The bottom end is stock, the heads are Ford Racing M-6049-X306 w/Ford Racing 1.6 roller rockers, cam is Ford Racing M-6250-B303,  & the headers are Hedman 88408 Shorties.

100_1549_zpsm9et8inj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I removed the engine from its stand & placed it on a dolly so I can start to install the components on the rear of the engine. Today I installed the engine block plate & the flywheel.

 

100_1557.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...