Sign in to follow this  
rangerdoc

Coupe Restomod

I like the color! I owned one that was red, that was originally that color. I could never picture it. However, to each his own... but I am very opinionated, and I just have to say, that I would personally PAY someone to take those rims! oooyyy

I like the color! I owned one that was red, that was originally that color. I could never picture it. However, to each his own... but I am very opinionated, and I just have to say, that I would personally PAY someone to take those rims! oooyyy

Don't worry, they will be gone sometime next year. I'm leaning toward 16x8 Vintage 48's.

nice.

what gloss are you doing for the blackouts?

The hood and rear panel are semi-gloss. We purposely decided not to do a flat or satin simply to compliment the shine on the rest of the car but to also have just enough contrast to set-off the blackout. It also leaves less of a ridge between the two paints. Not that it would be a big deal either way. It was a hard choice as I really like the satin look.

You definitly picked a good place. I've seen shops that while they do a nice job and charge for it too they miss the little things like removing the strikers in the door jambs for example, or just don't bother because it was too difficult and it just looks like crap painted over, espcially after the door has been closed a few times and it scratches and chips right away. Those are the details that make a big difference.

I checked in on the car today. The hood and cowl are taped up ready for paint tomorrow. Once that is done the car will start going back together after the holidays. Since I don't have any interesting pictures, I'll share this one for today's update.

Just got back from seeing the car...wow! The hood turned out great! The new mirrors are awesome as well. The quarter scoops look good in person, the pictures don't do them justice. The trunk lid is done but not mounted. Can't wait to see it with the end caps to really finish off the black out treatment.

Gobble, gobble everybody!

Alrighty folks. Not much going on the past week or so. Just engine cleaning and small details. But now things are starting to move ahead quickly. The front end is finally coming together and looking like a car. Now you can get a good appreciation of the hood. It looks so good in person. I just can't get over it.

It is champagne gold, which is the original color, just now it is super shiney and clearcoated. I almost changed the color but after seeing a mach 1 of the same color I decided to stay stock but add the black out treatment.

It is champagne gold, which is the original color, just now it is super shiney and clearcoated. I almost changed the color but after seeing a mach 1 of the same color I decided to stay stock but add the black out treatment.

At first I was thinking, man why did he keep that color!? But as I've been watching your build & seeing the car come together, the color's really grown on me! It's going to look sharp when it's all done.

A few years ago I bought a Datsun 240z, it had the classic "70's" lime yellow. It was so bright, like a sharpie marker! I thought, I have to change the color! But within a few months it grew on me and I came to love the color! It was so different.

People always went nuts about the color! Yours will be the same. Kuddos!

Also - If it were me. I'd go with Black or Charcoal wheels (with a polished lip). It would make a great contrast with the color and compliment the hood blackout. I think it'll add a bit of sinisterness to the car!

Edited by Jayru

Yeah, its not a very popular color but I kind of like that you don't see it much. Heck, I only saw one car with the color at the Bellevue show this summer and that was a lot of mustangs! The pictures really don't show the color properly. In person it is stunning.

As far as the wheels go I'm getting Vintage 48s, so I guess they'll end up being the basic media blasted look. That's an intersting point about black wheels, but they would have to be a dull finish I think to compliment the car correctly.

A few random shots to get an overall look at the car. It is going about 1/2 mile down the road to have the headliner put in before the glass is reinstalled and while we wait for a new radiator support to arrive.

You'll notice the trunk lid is a bit off. That is mostly do to the new weather stripping. I do plan on adding the prototype Mach 1 stripes on the flat portion of the rear spoiler once the lid is settled down.

If nothing surprising happens in the next few days the car should be home in a week!

Gratzz Rangerdoc! Lookin good! did they take off your windshield? I'm looking for some photos of how the windshield should be placed for the cowl cover to line up. I didn't get near enough pics when I pulled mine out. :whistling: