Sign in to follow this  
1andonlywhitie

What do you drive besides your Mustang?

well ... since my 96 Cobra was totaled when someone ran a stop sign ... ouch .. my work truck became my daily driver... 99 F150 extended cab 4x4 5.4 - 258K miles 100% stock! and still running great! at the least, insurance i received is funding the 69 build..

signature.jpg

2006 v6 mustang that I can't stop modding which is holding up ANY progress on the 69 mustang heh heh. It's now a 06 v8 as of two weeks ago, I completed a v8 drivetrain swap. A few things left to do to it as far as suspension goodies. Hopefully then I'll get back to the 69 :)

Lets see if I can come up with pics-

My good weather ride-

2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Bad weather-

1985 F250 XLT Lariat w/466 and C6

The baby-mover

1970 Mustang (in sig)

My "toy"

1991 Ford Probe GL (almost perfectly restored) (directly behind the motorcycle)

My "Project"

1969 Mustang- closer by the day

My "Other Project"

1982 Kawasaki GPz550 (Pictured in front of Probes)

My "Project I lost interest in"

1994 Ford Probe GT w/ KLZE swap (JDM) (no pic)

Summer Fun-

1981 Glassmate 16' w/ Volvo 2.1L (no pic)

1988 Bayliner 19' w/ GM 305

1988 Kawasaki JS550

I like things with pistons!

I drive a 2001 Chevy Silverado Ext cab, Wife drives a 2007 Chevy HHR (Still don't know what HHR stands for), I also have a little 1980 MGB that I drive around till the Mustang is done.

It stands for Heritage High Roof.

I've got a 98 S10 that I bought after my 69's 302 starting knocking. Been a reliable beater, just not enough room for the little lady and the daughter

Current:

-1969 Mustang Sportroof

-1990 Kawasaki ZX11

-1984 Mazda Rx-7

-2007 Subaru Impreza

-2009 Mazda 5

Retired:

-1977 Buick Century

-1985 Toyota Tercel

-1982 Mazda Rx-7

-1991 Chevrolet Cavalier

-1983 Toyota Tercel

-1981 Mazda Rx-7

-1993 Asuna Sunfire (Impreza)

-1990 Suzuki Swift GTI

-1996 Saturn

-1999 Toyota Corolla

-1999 Mazda Protoge

-1999 Chevrolet Venture

My daily driver is the 2003 F350 Crew Dually Diesel 4x4. My wife's daily driver is the 2002 Excursion Limited 4x4 diesel. We also occasionally street drive, but mostly rock crawl with the 1970 Bronco.

picture.JPG

Edited by Crazyhorse

2003 Lexus IS300 Sportcross, one of less than 1800 SportX's

IMGP4317.jpg

IMGP4320.jpg

Long story behind getting this car, but it took me over 2 years to find one that wasn't outrageously overpriced, riced, or wrecked.

1996 Subaru Legacy

IMGP4884.jpg

Became the beater since it was free from my parents. I got it literally the day I left to pick up the SportX. If only it were offered to me a month sooner, I'd have a lot more money in my bank account!

2005 Suzuki SV650

IMGP3810.jpg

From April-October I ride this to work provided it's above 40F outside. It saves a lot on gas and makes my short, but infuriating commute tolerable.

2000 Suzuki SV650

IMGP4354.jpg

RB7_4627.jpg

8.jpg

A beater for track use only. I bought it as a basketcase and gave it a going over, built the fork, added a stage 1 jet kit, exhaust, K&N filter, new tires, 520 chain converstion, and removed all the lights and any extra junk I didn't need.

current fleet:

2002 Dodge Ram 2500

1980 Mustang Notchback (5.0 conversion)

1983 Rx7 (5.0 conversion)

1970 Mustang Coupe (under construction)

2003 Mercury Mountaineer LTD (wife)

1998 Mercury Mystique (daughter)

Can we get some pics of the RX? I love pics of any FB, much less one with a 5.0...

One of my dream projects is a red FC witha 5.0 though! Or a Miata....

Can we get some pics of the RX? I love pics of any FB, much less one with a 5.0...

One of my dream projects is a red FC witha 5.0 though! Or a Miata....

Recent picture taken in my shop from fresh matte black paint job. Paint was wet in photo, looks even better now. Car is almost back together, need new pics. Sadly I pulled the engine and trans for the Mustang project and I may be have to sell the chassis for some cash.

Can't say I drive my Mach 1 because it will be spring by the time I'm done with the restoration.

For now we have a 06 F-350, 2000 Dodge 2500, 07 GT500 and my other old cars are a 70 Challenger R/T SE and a 70 Super bee.

2009 Tacoma Double Cab.... I lease a new truck every 3 years. Been doing the Toyota "thing" for a while now without any issues. I've had three 4-runners and now two Tacomas. I will always own a 4x4 truck of some type and it will be a Toyo....

This sucks, I'm rather dissappointed by some of the daily drivers listed. I couldn't even finish reading all of the replies. Here I thought on this site I was in the company of other Ford fanatics. I'm not wanting or trying to insult those that don't have loyalty towards one car manufacturer. I just can't understand being into musclecars and driving hybrids or foreign cars. I understand that most of the imports are actually made on American soil, and a lot of "American Cars" are now imported. I'll just butt out and try to reburry my head in the sand.

This sucks, I'm rather dissappointed by some of the daily drivers listed. I couldn't even finish reading all of the replies. Here I thought on this site I was in the company of other Ford fanatics. I'm not wanting or trying to insult those that don't have loyalty towards one car manufacturer. I just can't understand being into musclecars and driving hybrids or foreign cars. I understand that most of the imports are actually made on American soil, and a lot of "American Cars" are now imported. I'll just butt out and try to reburry my head in the sand.

For one, loving classic cars is distinctly separate from what you drive. I know plenty of people who drive new Hondas or Toyotas, and you can bet your ass non of them want a "classic" model.

My collection is almost all Ford where it can be, but there is almost nothing made by any of the "American" manufacturers anymore that I'd even consider spending money on. The current three muscle cars are cool to look at, and I've test driven 2 of them, but I haven't bought any of them yet.

Sad to say, if I was to buy a new car today, I'd probably get a Mazda 6, because hey, if nobody makes a car I'm interested in, I might as well buy one thats trouble free ya know?

Oh, and I work on European and Japanese cars all day. I wouldn't touch a European car with a ten foot pool with my own money.