stangme428

69 coupe build

progress --- the lizard skin ceramic insulation and sound control has been sprayed throughout the interior of the car. when you shut the door you hear a thud... thats with no carpet, insulation or headliner... the hood and new blackout with the "hot rod black" paint is done. installation of Shelby tail lights, license plate bracket (early torino), door handles inside and out, blacked out side mirrors, back glass, glass molding, 70 glass is being installed in the doors, new windshield, head liner etc..all the rubber is being installed.

hope to have her home sometime to make more progress on installing the interior and finishing up a million other things...

some pics - she was very dirty, body shop dust, dirt - she is outside at the moment under tents etc.. should be in the dry soon..:clap::punk:

i know some of you will NOT like the Pamela Anderson aspect -- the hood scoop... wife is already giving me crap about it... if i dont like it ill go with the lower cougar eliminator scoop... thinking about having satin 408 ghost emblems on each side of the scoop..

more shots of recent progress - new rubber on the trunk lid making it sit up high, need a gas cap! .... new door rubber too!! woo hoo!!

i ordered the shelby rear emblems... in satin... saving up for the black mesh.. wow its not cheap...

Edited by stangme428

more shots of recent progress - new rubber on the trunk lid making it sit up high, need a gas cap! .... new door rubber too!! woo hoo!!

i ordered the shelby rear emblems... in satin... saving up for the black mesh.. wow its not cheap...

Edited by stangme428

Looks great!

With the black out hood I think it would look nice with no scoop.

What is the coverage and cost of the lizard skin?

thanks texas ed and 70mstang -- the lizardSkin 2gal ceramic covers about 50sq.ft at 1mm thickness-

the lizardSkkin 2gal sound control covers about 45 sq.ft at 1mm thickness.

calculations here

i ordered from Jegs and also picked up the gun to spray it.. since summit has to charge me because they have a store front in GA, some items I end up saving a few dollars getting them from Jegs.

my main goal was to coat the roof and inner doors, anything that could be coated beyond that.. then great! they focused on the roof and inner doors then coated the remainder of the interior and trunk until they ran out of each product.

Looks great!

With the black out hood I think it would look nice with no scoop.

What is the coverage and cost of the lizard skin?

thanks texas ed and 70mstang -- the lizardSkin 2gal ceramic covers about 50sq.ft at 1mm thickness-

the lizardSkkin 2gal sound control covers about 45 sq.ft at 1mm thickness.

calculations here

i ordered from Jegs and also picked up the gun to spray it.. since summit has to charge me because they have a store front in GA, some items I end up saving a few dollars getting them from Jegs.

my main goal was to coat the roof and inner doors, anything that could be coated beyond that.. then great! they focused on the roof and inner doors then coated the remainder of the interior and trunk until they ran out of each product.

So was that a boss9 scoop that you heightened?

a boss 429 scoop was ordered, but it turned out to be a boss 429 "style" scoop... not sure where it came from.. lol at first it was thought to be a 69 boss 429 scoop... but i dont think so... i have seen a few boss 429's at shows and none had a scoop that tall... but its all good...

So was that a boss9 scoop that you heightened?

a boss 429 scoop was ordered, but it turned out to be a boss 429 "style" scoop... not sure where it came from.. lol at first it was thought to be a 69 boss 429 scoop... but i dont think so... i have seen a few boss 429's at shows and none had a scoop that tall... but its all good...

I see, I was curious because most people cut the original one down in height if anything not go up, "style" makes sense though. If you were going to change to an Eliminator scoop you could always just try to cut this one down first instead.

I see, I was curious because most people cut the original one down in height if anything not go up, "style" makes sense though. If you were going to change to an Eliminator scoop you could always just try to cut this one down first instead.

Well this was a funkier experience than I planned on, I've never had to try and chop a new background into a picture before but here's what the same scoop looks like with about 1/3rd of the height removed from the bottom, just for the hell of it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9431&stc=1&d=1314385346

Well this was a funkier experience than I planned on, I've never had to try and chop a new background into a picture before but here's what the same scoop looks like with about 1/3rd of the height removed from the bottom, just for the hell of it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9431&stc=1&d=1314385346