stangme428

69 coupe build

PAK -- exactly-- i placed a eliminator scoop on it.. but it seems a bit short height wise for what i was looking for... i think you have it at about the height of a boss 429 scoop.. looks good.. if i cant live with what i have ... ill find a boss 429 scoop repro and go with it..

thanks PAK!!:biggrin:

Edited by stangme428

PAK -- exactly-- i placed a eliminator scoop on it.. but it seems a bit short height wise for what i was looking for... i think you have it at about the height of a boss 429 scoop.. looks good.. if i cant live with what i have ... ill find a boss 429 scoop repro and go with it..

thanks PAK!!:biggrin:

Edited by stangme428

bnickel----- wow... nice pic.. thanks for the info!!

found it! -- dimensions are:

3" tall In back

21" wide in back

5" tall in front

24 1/2 wide in front

Model PR-63

Based off of the PR6 Boss Pro

Edited by stangme428

bnickel----- wow... nice pic.. thanks for the info!!

found it! -- dimensions are:

3" tall In back

21" wide in back

5" tall in front

24 1/2 wide in front

Model PR-63

Based off of the PR6 Boss Pro

Edited by stangme428

woo hoo.... have a grill and bumpers.... but.. back glass has to come out so the headliner can go in perfect. front glass is sitting in until the headliner is installed. she almost looks like a completed car from the outside. i decided to paint the tops of the door trim, usually where my arm rests while driving, same as body color instead of flat black like the hood... we shall see how it turns out.

:rockon:

still awaiting the new carbon fiber sun visors, to match the door panels, from TMI, received a call from CJ Pony parts that they should ship around 9/15 of this month. not bad.. i ordered them on sale on 7/3.. lol:sleeping:

more shots of recent progress - new rubber on the trunk lid making it sit up high, need a gas cap! .... new door rubber too!! woo hoo!!

i ordered the shelby rear emblems... in satin... saving up for the black mesh.. wow its not cheap...

Looking good. I have the mesh trim and shelby lettters already for my trunk but don't have the flip down license plate bracket..haha. Where did you get it from. I haven't found one yet.

Wayne, She's looking great... Even better than i imagined... Keep it up...

thanks mike! tell paul that the original tires off of his SHO are finally gonna come off in few weeks.....lol

69shelbycoupe -- thats great! youll have to let me know if you found a good deal on it... its not cheap.. as for the license plate bracket.. look for one off of an early 69-70's torino or full size ford.

69shelbycoupe -- thats great! youll have to let me know if you found a good deal on it... its not cheap.. as for the license plate bracket.. look for one off of an early 69-70's torino or full size ford.

ok thanks. I didn't get a deal on those mesh pieces. I bought them straight from tony branda. Yeah they were $300

That cost was a major factor why I omitted the mesh from my Shelby rear and filled in the smaller recess. I didn't really want my car to say Shelby though anyway and they don't make one without pin holes for the letters. I'm just painting mine black in the center to match the tail panel and using the Mustang self adhesive letters instead.

That cost was a major factor why I omitted the mesh from my Shelby rear and filled in the smaller recess. I didn't really want my car to say Shelby though anyway and they don't make one without pin holes for the letters. I'm just painting mine black in the center to match the tail panel and using the Mustang self adhesive letters instead.

I liked the recess with the mess is why I'm doing it...haha. Pricey but I like the look. My mesh pieces don't have pinholes for the letters in them.

yeah i will do the same.. i like the look .... interesting my letter i purchased dont have pins... when you find a template for the letter spacing let me know...

I liked the recess with the mess is why I'm doing it...haha. Pricey but I like the look. My mesh pieces don't have pinholes for the letters in them.

picked up the shelby rear mesh insert off of ebay .... should be here in a few days! getting close to getting her back in the garage... still awaiting the headliner install and windshield glue in...

found a deal on some 69 shelby TMI front seats ready to bolt in and grande rear interior side panels (ill flat black the woodgrain or try to find some carbon fiber insert like the door panels)... maybe in a few months santa will bring them to me... i still need to order the fuel system, drive shaft, and American autowire kit... then a million little things once she is back in the garage...

one day at a time...:thumbup:

--update--

EBay parts came in and they look great! Satin Shelby lettering looks good and just a bit different..

Edited by stangme428
update

ok -- she is back in the garage ... she isnt perfect and has some paint blems to work out but, ready to get her moving under her own power...

glass is installed as well as headliner.... more pics to come..

i recall in the back of my cobweb filled brain that there is a trick to getting the shelby rear deck lid to sit flush, but i cant remember if its trimming the aftermarket rubber, letting it heat up in the sun, adjustment to the tensioner etc. any ideas, let me know..

on the scoop... spending a few minutes with it... its not as tall as it seems.. but i am planning on locating a stock height Boss 429 replacement, so if anybody is interested in a boss 429 racing scoop.. let me know.. it needs some touching up on the sides.. looks like somebody had emblems on it at one time.

happy to have her in andy's garage and ready to work towards the next stages of completion...

now if i can get rid of this stupid head cold... being home sick.. sucks!

I think a 671 blower would look sweet tucked under that scoop :)

yeah... that would be cool... but im already at a high compression ratio... maybe one day ill rebuild and put some new pistons with lower comp and go with a turbo... lol:clap: i wanna have fun with this one for a while..:biggrin: