stangme428

69 coupe build

couple more shots ---- i took these with my Nikon today around 5pm, not mid day.. i tried to get the dark, but its still not as dark as some i have seen. but that's OK, they still have a wet sand paint... buff etc etc..

i am still doing research on the efi setup, undecided... i may hit the technical section with my findings and questions in a bit..

added a pick of L6 Kona Blue 2010 GT... this is more the color in person... some of the photos i have seen on the net are much darker, not sure why..

Edited by stangme428

Car looks great. It's nice to see another Clevor. I see that you're thinking about the powerjection III. I am running a 347 clevor with powerjection I with return fuel system and ford tfi distributor. It's a great system, but if you think you can just put it on and go, that will not happen. There is about 60 miles on the car and I'm on my 4th program. As for drivability and power it is great. If you have any questions I will glade to help. Joe

Car looks great. It's nice to see another Clevor. I see that you're thinking about the powerjection III. I am running a 347 clevor with powerjection I with return fuel system and ford tfi distributor. It's a great system, but if you think you can just put it on and go, that will not happen. There is about 60 miles on the car and I'm on my 4th program. As for drivability and power it is great. If you have any questions I will glade to help. Joe

thanks rodman.. yeah i have been wanting to build a clevor for many years... hence the trackboss intake.

i may bug you with a few questions about the PIII setup. tweaking it i dont have a problem with...

Wayne, all I can say is "WOW!!!" She sure is looking beautiful... You've got to be excited... Your dreams have finally come to fruition...

BTW, I know the heftiness of your foot... There's no way in hell I'm riding with you and that much horsepower... hehe... Remember to cover the seats with plastic sheeting before the first time you punch it... I'm not sure if you can crap yourself while your butt is puckered so tightly, but I wouldn't take any chances...

Later...

Mike

yep... thanks mike... your are the one that led me down this path.... making me realize many years ago i could build a muscle car instead of a ghia!!!

Wayne, all I can say is "WOW!!!" She sure is looking beautiful... You've got to be excited... Your dreams have finally come to fruition...

BTW, I know the heftiness of your foot... There's no way in hell I'm riding with you and that much horsepower... hehe... Remember to cover the seats with plastic sheeting before the first time you punch it... I'm not sure if you can crap yourself while your butt is puckered so tightly, but I wouldn't take any chances...

Later...

Mike

Congrats !!! Great to see your almost done !! Another Clevor on the road :thumbup:. Just a quick question. I am also considering the Powerjection system. Do you know if I would need a different manifold or is it a bolt on type of system. I am getting a little frustrated with always tweaking my Edelbrock carb.

Cheers !!!

Congrats !!! Great to see your almost done !! Another Clevor on the road :thumbup:. Just a quick question. I am also considering the Powerjection system. Do you know if I would need a different manifold or is it a bolt on type of system. I am getting a little frustrated with always tweaking my Edelbrock carb.

Cheers !!!

thanks 9R01M -- flight96.. i still have more to do, but hopefully she will be under her own power in a few months.

the powerjection system, its just a standard 4bbl mount 4150. i would ask rodman about the gory details...:thumbup1:

gave the go ahead on replacing the 69 door and side glass glue in type with the 70 bolt in type. should seal a bit better.

weather striping, felt etc to be installed also..

working on a project in Fernandina Beach for the next two weeks , so its going to be hard to get by and see the car.....

:rockon:

ok - buffing the paint out she should be done tomorrow 5.20.2011

not under her own power yet, no interior.. but she may be on display at the Jacksonville show this weekend in the mustang masters area to show the different levels of restoration and mods.:w00t:

ok - buffing the paint out she should be done tomorrow 5.20.2011

not under her own power yet, no interior.. but she may be on display at the Jacksonville show this weekend in the mustang masters area to show the different levels of restoration and mods.:w00t:

a few pics of the blackout process - hood is taped off.. didn't like the way it came out so its being redone.

headlight buckets, sport side mirrors (blacked out) and shelby tail panel are done...

progress....... :punk:

a few pics of the blackout process - hood is taped off.. didn't like the way it came out so its being redone.

headlight buckets, sport side mirrors (blacked out) and shelby tail panel are done...

progress....... :punk:

not much to update - awaiting the arrival of some lizard skin so it can be sprayed....:punk: should keep it a bit cooler in the south ga and north florida heat!!! as well as a few db less noise...

--- lizard skin dropped off last week!! should be a somewhat quiet and cool 69 inside....

Edited by stangme428

quick update -- hood black out is done and scoop is installed, they are finally happy with the way it looks... nice to hear them say we are redoing it instead of me saying ... redo it..

they should be back to work on my car early next week 8/15 week of...:yes:

lizard skin will be sprayed then... man its freakin' hot down south.... :sweatdrop: im ready for cooler temps!!

quick update -- hood black out is done and scoop is installed, they are finally happy with the way it looks... nice to hear them say we are redoing it instead of me saying ... redo it..

they should be back to work on my car early next week 8/15 week of...:yes:

lizard skin will be sprayed then... man its freakin' hot down south.... :sweatdrop: im ready for cooler temps!!

progress --- the lizard skin ceramic insulation and sound control has been sprayed throughout the interior of the car. when you shut the door you hear a thud... thats with no carpet, insulation or headliner... the hood and new blackout with the "hot rod black" paint is done. installation of Shelby tail lights, license plate bracket (early torino), door handles inside and out, blacked out side mirrors, back glass, glass molding, 70 glass is being installed in the doors, new windshield, head liner etc..all the rubber is being installed.

hope to have her home sometime to make more progress on installing the interior and finishing up a million other things...

some pics - she was very dirty, body shop dust, dirt - she is outside at the moment under tents etc.. should be in the dry soon..:clap::punk:

i know some of you will NOT like the Pamela Anderson aspect -- the hood scoop... wife is already giving me crap about it... if i dont like it ill go with the lower cougar eliminator scoop... thinking about having satin 408 ghost emblems on each side of the scoop..