stangme428

69 coupe build

yeah... i know... tell me how your really feel ... jayru .... yeah angel .. its really that big...

yes the scoop is being replaced... so let me know if you all find a Boss 429 scoop... repro.. already found the real thing for 1k .. not gonna happen..

thanks for all of the nice comments... progress!! i love this forum.. you guys rock!!:thumbup1::punk:

You might as well try cutting it down. I like the width, but maybe an inch shorter. I dont think it looks too bad. I just think it would look a bit better if it matched the height of the deck lid.

yep yep... guys say they can cut it down a couple of inches, ill have to trust them on that, but yeah it needs some work anyway as you can tell in a couple of pics on the side... you are correct pak...

drastik - these are not the droids you're looking for..... nope no scoop..

You might as well try cutting it down. I like the width, but maybe an inch shorter. I dont think it looks too bad. I just think it would look a bit better if it matched the height of the deck lid.
Edited by stangme428

Parts order today!! alternator, fuel system, fuel tank, pulleys !!!

ordered:

part number - 18606DS

200A 1-wire alternator from Bronco Graveyard

CVF Racing billet pulleys brackets

part number - SBFE3KIT

Pulleys- CVF Racing

Ford Small Block Pulley Kit A/C 3 Bolt Crank

part number - 351W-ALTBRKT-P

Ford Small Block Alternator Bracket 351W 65-68

part number -351W-PSBRKT-P

Ford Small Block Power Steering Bracket 351W 65-68

Glenn's Performance

Fuel System and Tank

Basically i ordered the 79-97 600hp kit but used the 69 stainless sleeper tank,,, NOTE## they are supplying PTFE lines with no upgrade cost!! call and talk with them..!!

GP Mustang 22 Gallon Sleeper Tank with Stainless option

GP 600HP Sleeper Tank Fuel System with PTFE stainless lines

• -10 suction line -6 to rails -6 return.
  • GP Fuel Filter with 100 Micron stainless, cleanable element.
  • Walbro GSL 392 Fuel Pump, that flows 300 lph with our hi flow fittings (shown below). (super quiet, very reliable made in USA).
  • Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pressure Regulator with 1:1 boost reference.
  • NHRA Approved Aeroquip braided steel fuel line.
  • GP Billet Y block.
  • Aeroquip hose Ends.
  • Aeroquip AN/boss Fittings. All o-ring fittings for positive seal.
  • Rubber coated fuel line mounting clamps.
  • 100% streetable.
  • No pump controller needed.
  • Can be upgraded to 1000 hp or 1300 hp specs if needed later.
  • 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
  • Will support up to 800 hp NA EFI with supplied reg.
  • Will support up to 700 hp Blow/thru. Requires A2000 carb bypass reg.
  • Will support up to 900 hp NA Carb. Requires A 1000 carb bypass reg.
  • sump tank option add 75.00 (83-97)

:sweatdrop::tongue_smilie::thumbup1::punk:

Edited by stangme428
fuel system link error

brackets, crank pulley, water pump pulley installed... pics to come. 3G alternator arrived from Jeff's Bronco on 1/17/2012, fuel system ships today... ran out of stainless 22gal tanks caused a delay.

should be able to mount the alternator this weekend... baby steps!!!

Edited by stangme428

ok ...

i always do things the hard way.. depending on how you look at it..

please excuse the dirty engine compartment and android phone pic quality... not enough hours in the day... lol

the billet brackets and pulleys from CVF Racing look and feel top quality! these are V-belt pulleys and yes, i see no reason to go to serpentine, the cost vs performance in my opinion is not worth it, if i get over 600hp/7,000RPM or if i have belt slippage, ill change things out. your looking at @ 360.00 for this setup.

a few goals:

keep cost low

new billet brackets

water pump based brackets, get around Cleveland head setup

mount low on each side

allow AC install at a later date (CVF should have AC setup compatible with this kit out by march)

the alternator from Jeff's Bronco graveyard is impressive, the case is bigger than i expected, but then again its 200amp... i hope to have a power steering pump soon, my original has disappeared over the last 10 years, so i hope to find a 69 setup from mustang masters in the next few days.

ill test alignment and belt length in the next week or so, depending on work schedule(s). alignment looks good via eyeballin' it and a straight edge in the grooves, but until we fire the motor and get some RPM, we wont know.

any problems -

only one: and its probably due to the flow-kooler water pump. the lower bolt on the alt side bracket at the water pump bottoms out before seating completely within the bracket, i have talked to CVF and they are working with me on it, no solution just yet, but ill either shorten the bolt or something similar.

thanks for checking out my build... getting close to powering her up....!!!

Fuel system from Glenn's Performance ships today!!!! 1/18/2012

Edited by stangme428
update notes..

ok ...

its tight! we did a mock up mount of the 3G alt last night, ill have to find some stainless bolts etc to make it look good, CVF support is great thus far on bolts and things, they are sending me several to try on my setup, and at the least ill cut a bolt down if needed for the alt bracket at the bottom of the water pump mount.

with the alt mounted and the spherical heim tension ... whatever its correct name is... it feels like you could lift the motor out of the car via the bracket and alternator, and we haven't resolved the bracket bolt seating problem yet....

only deviation from the installation instructions from CVF, we ended up mounting the bottom tensioner on the front of the alternator facing instead of behind, per instructions. so hopefully this will not cause any problems, we simulated a belt and it doesnt look like the belt will rub.

the alternator is against the head, we will figure that out as we go, as you can tell from the pic, i have no bolt holes in the head near the alt, maybe fabricate a bracket from the one bolt hole at the front top of the head to the back of the alt... dunno just yet. ..... more to come....

hope to order the AAW wiring harness soon!!!

also, got a tracking number yesterday that the fuel system shipped.... woohooo!! baby steps!!:thumbup1:

and.... ended up ordering a PS pump from RockAuto, it arrived yesterday 1/24/2012 ... ill need to order hoses and a dip stick for it... for 77.00 shipped for a refurb.. hard to beat..

edit... and ... just ordered a 99 contour dual fan setup... hopefully i will have as good of luck as others have with this cost effective cooling setup...

Edited by stangme428

Looking good! Good luck getting the belt to not squeel on that 200a 3g alternator. I have the stock 130a 3g and I'm about to the point of bearing damage with the belt being so tight and have most of the squeels gone. These things almost need a dual belt pulley for them to not squeel

Looking good! Good luck getting the belt to not squeel on that 200a 3g alternator. I have the stock 130a 3g and I'm about to the point of bearing damage with the belt being so tight and have most of the squeels gone. These things almost need a dual belt pulley for them to not squeel

buening.. what belt are you using? got a part number i can try?:tongue_smilie:

ok ..

emailed Jeff's bronco graveyard to see if can return the alternator, its just too big to fit between the bracket and head. we will see how it goes...

received the new bolts from CVF to see if i can get the lower alt bracket bolt at the water pump to seat. should work....

ordered way too much stuff from National Parts Depot today .... to include all items to complete the interior, trunk and a autopower roll bar with bolt in cross brace ... now to find those harnesses ... :tongue_smilie:

the NPD site is hosed at the moment, so i called in my order....

cool, im looking at a few things, maybe making a bracket that bolts across the head with a mount for the alternator bolt.

i have a few other mustangs i can use this on if a swap out the pulley to a serpentine pulley, a 96GT convert, a 89GT convert, 90 LX....

ill also look for a smaller case 130-140A 1 wire alternator similar to yours.

I used a generic Ford mount 100 amp (1 wire) from Summit and have been very pleased with it! Almost three years now and no issues whatsoever.

I love my AAW kit. Everything is labeled pretty clearly. I think I stared at the pile of speghetti for three days before digging in. But once I started pulling wires it got easier and things made more sense.

Lessons learned, keep your original harness until you have EVERYTHING working right. The AAW kit does not have a connector for the heater, at all. I reused connectors for the reverse lights and some other connections.

The AAW Upgrade kit has the ability to support any of the mods we throw at them, since I stayed fairly stock I didn't use a lot of the wiring. But if I throw in fog lights, electric fan or anything else later on, I know my harness will support it.