Sign in to follow this  
Shep69

Struggle Town

I tell you Ive  just about had enough. I can't take a trick with this mustang project. Just about every bit I've purchased doesn't work or doesn't fit . Im getting over it.  The latest saga is the mach 1 stripe kit that i purchased from Mustang Market. I had the pin stripe guy booked  to fit it today. We pulled it out of the box and laid it all out and guess what . Yep they have sent me two right hand door pieces instead of a left and right. I sent them a email with photos and the reply was to send the two pieces that i think are the doors back to them. Then they will review it. WTF  I don't think these are the doors I know that these are the doors. There the longest stripes in the kit. Were else do they go , on the hood GGGGRRR.  As im in Australia its already cost me $56 US for postage to get them here. Ive sent them more pics and are currently waiting for a response.  These mach 1 stripes are tapered so they only go one way.  

Has anyone had the same issue with the Mustang Market kit.  Sorry for the rant but its bloody frustrating. 

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

I am getting mine from First Stripes in Sydney, the guy knows his stuff..

I feel for ya buddy, we are so far away to do things quickly.

Just look at my post in the garage, i cant take a trick also.

I might have to use First Stripes if Mustang Market don’t sort this shit out. I maybe should have used them first but I didn’t think they could make a better kit than a ford licenced product. 

did you hold them up to the door itself, usually long? not sure if stripes are supposed to wrap around door edges or trimmed. mine were trimmed.

I did have a right rear tail light stripe that had a blemish in the reflective film and "G" on trunk, called MM and they sent the replacements at no charge. Received replacements in less than 5 days

My experience with "mustang Market' is limited to their door panels which I have found to be the best available.  As to the parts market; I suggest you check around and ask for reference's and personal experience's.  The after market vendors often state 'Ford licensed' a favorite is 'original Ford tooling" or 'best reproduction available'  mostly marketing babble.  Plenty of us have been stuck with poor imitations, vendors that refuse to acknowledge bad parts, honor warranties or just plain ignorance and insist theirs is the best.  I hope you experience with MM turns out for the best.  A couple picture of my cars stripes.  Brian  

69 Mach 1 Reflective Stripes 2.JPG

69 Mach 1 Reflective Stripes 3.JPG

My stripes wrap around the door edges.  So double check, yours might be long enough to be installed on both doors.

Repro parts are typically never as good as the original.  I stick with National Parts Depot for reproduction parts.  Many also like CJ Pony Parts.  But I have found if NPD doesn't carry something it's usually because the quality is too poor.

As stated by 1969_Mach1 ... factory stripes wrap around the door edges as well as the fender & door openings.   So I agree ... maybe, just maybe there is enough stripe length to get the job done !!

If not enough to wrap, you might be able to modify / cut them short to do a modern non-wrap style like Ford has done with more recent stripe sets.  

My past & current daily driver Mustangs ...

1998 Sports Appearance Group lower rocker stripes

2011 MCA edition side stripes

2016 Over-the-Top stripes

... were all done this way.

Just a thought to save you the expense of sending them back.

Doug 

5 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

As stated by 1969_Mach1 ... factory stripes wrap around the door edges as well as the fender & door openings.   So I agree ... maybe, just maybe there is enough stripe length to get the job done !!

If not enough to wrap, you might be able to modify / cut them short to do a modern non-wrap style like Ford has done with more recent stripe sets.  

My past & current daily driver Mustangs ...

1998 Sports Appearance Group lower rocker stripes

2011 MCA edition side stripes

2016 Over-the-Top stripes

... were all done this way.

Just a thought to save you the expense of sending them back.

Doug 

The issue is that the Mach 1 stripes are tapered . Wider at the rear . They only go one way. You need a right hand side and left hand side . If you try and flip it over the lines don’t line up. It’s nothing to do with the length. 

3 hours ago, Kevin427 said:

I had the same problem with mine. I purchased the second set from CJ Pony parts and they were perfect.

Kevin427 , did you also get the first set from Mustang Market. 

8 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

did you hold them up to the door itself, usually long? not sure if stripes are supposed to wrap around door edges or trimmed. mine were trimmed.

I did have a right rear tail light stripe that had a blemish in the reflective film and "G" on trunk, called MM and they sent the replacements at no charge. Received replacements in less than 5 days

I’m still waiting for a response from MM  after sending more pics yesterday. Let’s hope they sort it out. 

I thought I had this all figured out for you, Shep. I was thinking that the thickness of the above and below stripes was the same and thus they were printed wrong. Sadly, they are not. The top stripe is right at .250", while the lower is .300". I have Ford Factory stripes. Mine barely wrap behind the front fender. I know you can't change the orientation of the Mach 1 decals, but can you change the orientation of the door decals? I will be needing decals for my build and thus I am very interested in how this all works out. Let me know if you need additional measurements, such as how far up the front fender the first decal (mach1) goes, negating that taper issue? I pulled one of my front fenders out and took my measurements off of it with a set of vernier calipers.  The doors would be more difficult but I could probably get to them.  

I feel your pain Shep. Heck, I have issues getting some of my original parts back on correctly. This thread has me rethinking putting Mach 1 stripes back on mine. 

1 hour ago, Machspeed said:

I thought I had this all figured out for you, Shep. I was thinking that the thickness of the above and below stripes was the same and thus they were printed wrong. Sadly, they are not. The top stripe is right at .250", while the lower is .300". I have Ford Factory stripes. Mine barely wrap behind the front fender. I know you can't change the orientation of the Mach 1 decals, but can you change the orientation of the door decals? I will be needing decals for my build and thus I am very interested in how this all works out. Let me know if you need additional measurements, such as how far up the front fender the first decal (mach1) goes, negating that taper issue? I pulled one of my front fenders out and took my measurements off of it with a set of vernier calipers.  The doors would be more difficult but I could probably get to them.  

Thanks John.  Emails have being flying back and forth with Mustang Market. As I live in Australia the time difference has made it a challenge but they have been pretty unprofessional dealing with this issue. I asked if I can just send it back for a full refund . Then out of the blue they said they found my door stripe on the shelf. Sounds like BS to me as I’ve had them for a few months. I’m not going to risk it not matching plus the fact that they are short.

I’m going to get a new set from Graphics Express. I compared there measurements with what I have and they are longer so they will work better . 

Will let you know how it goes.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, Shep69 said:

I’m going to get a new set from Graphics Express. I compared there measurements with what I have and they are longer so they will work better . 

Will let you know how it goes.

good luck. if they are crap you can try a 3rd set from phoenix graphics. they will be correct.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/

58 minutes ago, barnett468 said:

good luck. if they are crap you can try a 3rd set from phoenix graphics. they will be correct.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/

Hi Barny,

Yes Ive heard that Phoenix Graphics do a nice set. 3rd time lucky I hope not . My stripe kit is going on today so lets hope theres no issues. It looks the goods anyway and its still in the wrapping. 

12 hours ago, Shep69 said:

Hi Barny,

Yes Ive heard that Phoenix Graphics do a nice set. 3rd time lucky I hope not . My stripe kit is going on today so lets hope theres no issues. It looks the goods anyway and its still in the wrapping. 

xlnt, good luck, hope they come out how you want . i have installed many and they cn sometimes be a pita.