Machspeed

Meet QUEENIE.... 69 Gulfstream Aqua Build

Machspeed, nice work. You got lucky with the rear leaf spring front mount bolts the ones on my 69 Coupe were rusted to the bushing & I had to use a large cut off wheel on my angle grinder to cut them out. My old front windshield had so much sealer around it I broke it several times getting it out. It seems to be a pattern with a lot of these cars being off the road for many years, my Coupe has been off the road since 10/94. 

85632-100-1392-a.jpg

By the rear shackle mount you will see two holes ,that is where the factory tie down brackets were ,this is a good solid area ,it has anti crush plates inside ,i use this area plus the bumper mount holes below the tail panel for the mounting .

The air assist jack is the one i used for my bender ,you may have to order it . I asked for one at my local hatbor freight and now they keep them in stock. I actually bought two jacks ,one for my bender and one for another type bender i want to build

20190106_073016.jpg

20190106_073021.jpg

20190106_073200.jpg

20190106_073241.jpg

I have two places on the rotating head to pin it from spinning ,i found pinning was better than a bolt because the bolt will wear into the tube ,the front hole i have pinned now is horizontal and verticle ,the hole not pinned in the rear is in different 45*degree angles . This makes less holes in one area of the rotating tubing and less chance it could break

20190106_074140.jpg

20190106_074148.jpg