Sign in to follow this  
ramair351

awful mustang story

so there is a Lowes near me, and it has a guy working there who has a killer 69 mach 1, fully restored. i see it in the parking lot sometimes when he has driven it to work. the next part is a little fuzzy, since i am getting it second and maybe third-hand. but apparently the new girl he is seeing has a jealous ex husband. This jack-hole does the unthinkable. he lines up in a far corner of the parking lot, sets his sights, and rams the mustang multiple times with his F150. the police do catch him later when he actually drives back to lowes, hoping to see the face of the mustangs owner when he sees it in the parking lot smashed up. it took me a while to get the pics, but here goes. not for the squeamish.

smash2.jpg

smashed.jpg

I know it's a stretch but can we do anything to help? Can we all donate $20 bucks and get him some money so he can get started on another '69 Fastback. Even if we raise $500 for the poor man, it'll be of some help.

i dont know the man, only of him. he was a friend of a friend until our common friend died last winter. i hope he had good insurance. but if he had collectoer insurance like hagerty, they have stipulations about driving your car to work...

Couple off things come to my mind;

Why is he pissed at the new boyfriend and not his ex, or himself.

If the Mustang owner doesn't have adequate insurance, good luck getting anything from the criminal because car insurance doesn't cover intentional acts. If that happened to my car, the idiot would pay dearly without a clue of when or where.

Sad deal.

Bob

C

If the Mustang owner doesn't have adequate insurance, good luck getting anything from the criminal because car insurance doesn't cover intentional acts.

Since when? If your car is stolen, insurance will cover it when you have theft coverage. Last I checked, that's a criminal act

Since when? If your car is stolen, insurance will cover it when you have theft coverage. Last I checked, that's a criminal act

Totally different scenarios. If your car is stolen, usually it's by another person, and yes it's covered under your comprehensive coverage. In most states, if the insured intentionally uses his vehicle to assault someone or cause damage, then the intentional acts are excluded. Intentional acts exclude the insured's, not the thief's intention. From what I read, the owner of the F-100 intentionally drove his own vehicle into the Mustang. Hopefully the Mustang owner won't have to deal with the idiot's insurance company.

Bob

I'm sure the suspect's insurance is going to tell him to go pound sand reference his pickup. But if he's insured, they can't fail to pay the victim. And the victim's insurance should cover the Mustang if the suspect's doesn't. But as the victim I can't possibly see how an insurance company could refuse to pay.

Well, I certainly don't want not to hijack this thread but sometimes good info can come from digressions. I absolutely hope the owner of the damaged Mustang is fully compensated for his loss. During the three decades I worked as an insurance adjuster, many claims were not paid due to policy language and state law. One example is when an insured has a heart attack and crashes into another's property. The person who had the heart attack is not liable for damages he caused. The same applies to intentional acts. Claims are paid when there is no liability, they are under paid, and over paid. Your experience will vary. I only worked in California, the present case seems to be in Michigan, but laws and insurance regulations vary by state.

I agree with the above, I do hope he gets all his money back, or at least hope that his mustang is salvageable.

If I were that guy, I would leave that girl. no point in staying with someone who has drama like that. ESPECIALLY when her ex-husband destroyed your baby.

that's just a death sentence in my book.

I can't even imagine the insane fury that would consume me, trying to process such a cowardly act. I'm not really sure what I would do, but if that Mustang owner killed this jackass in a rage I can honestly say I could'nt blame him. Just unbelievable :no:

Bossed

If I were that guy' date=' I would leave that girl. no point in staying with someone who has drama like that. ESPECIALLY when her ex-husband destroyed your baby. [/quote']

I wouldn't blame the girl. It's obvious why she left him; he's an immature asshole. I wouldn't blame the Mustang owner if he killed the idiot. He'll just keep doing stupid things until he hurts someone anyway. It's sort of a preemptive strike.

I wouldn't blame the girl. It's obvious why she left him; he's an immature asshole. I wouldn't blame the Mustang owner if he killed the idiot. He'll just keep doing stupid things until he hurts someone anyway. It's sort of a preemptive strike.

true, but I still feel like the girl should have told him about the ex-husband unless the mustang owner already knew what he was getting into...then that was his bad.